Need advice from fellow fridge grazers.

Options
So I am one of these that every time i walk into the kitchen I have to inspect the fridge to see if anything has magically appeared. I'm looking for low calorie snacks that I can eat and not feel guilty about. At the moment I have a thing for seafood sticks, however i know soon i will bore of these. Any suggestions?

Replies

• 130annie
    130annie Posts: 339 Member
    Options
    Plan really good main meals....Then eat a healthy snack in between....say every three hours...
    Mind you I need to take my own advise here....and stay away from cookies and chocolate....:smile:
  • sydneyblume
    Options
    I hear you, but i loveeeeee cookies and chocolate! So try this recipe: http://chocolatecoveredkatie.com/2011/05/31/deep-dish-cookie-pie/
    I only do half the recipe reduce the sugar and chocolate chip content, it really is only about 130 calories for a nice big slice! You feel like you're getting a really big treat and the beans fill you up with lots of fiber! yummyyyy
  • torygirl79
    torygirl79 Posts: 307 Member
    Options
    Remove all the unhealthy food them stock up on fruit and veg. Dip the veg in some low calorie hummus if you don't like it plain.

I also eat a lot of rice crackers as they are filling but better than crisps.
  • healthyfoxx
    healthyfoxx Posts: 104 Member
    Options
    If you want something seafood-y, have you tried seaweed strips? I didn't like them at first, but after a few of them, I loved them! I had teriyaki flavor and one pack of them is only about 10 cals (each pack has 10 strips). Salty, a little sweet, and crispy. :)
  • Phenix_Ablaze
    Phenix_Ablaze Posts: 21 Member
    Options
    Another seafood type snack I like is the tiny little salad shrimps. They're fully cooked and come in a little bag in the freezer seafood area of the store and they're pretty tasty! Add them to some lettuce in a bowl and/or other salad toppings.

When I just can't get away from the thought of having a snack, I like the weight watchers ice creams and other snacks like lemon bars, brownies, etc. They're very low calories and satisfy my sweet tooth! If you can't find them at a store, you can go into any weight watchers meeting location and buy them. Even if you're not a bonafide weight watchers member, they won't turn down your money for the snacks. :-)

Special K cracker crisps, 100 calorie bags of kettle corn pop corn, bags of mixed veggies (broccoli, colaflour, carrots, etc), mini rice cakes, a small protein shake... these are all things that satisfy my cravings as well.

P.S. When I am shopping in my fridge for things I don't need to eat, I have a rule that I require myself to drink a tall glass of water and then wait about 10 minutes or so. If there is still something I am dying to eat, then I will eat it in a small portion.

Hope this helps!
    ~Nicole
  • littlemisstickles
    Options
    Sounds like a great idea. For me it isn't sweet things, it's just something to munch on to distract my mind. My housemate suggested a jar of gerkins/pickles in the fridge door, so perhaps it's worth a try.

I love the idea of the fish snacks though!

Thanks everyone.