1 Year, 34 pounds

jeffpettis
jeffpettis Posts: 865 Member
Well it has been 1 year. Haven't logged any food or exercise in the last couple of months because I wanted to see if I could maintain my weight on my own without any help. And yes, it can be done. I really appreciate everyone's support. This site is awesome, but you have to be committed for it to work. You have to want it more than anything else, then use the site as a tool to help you achieve what you set out to do. I didn't have a lot of weight to lose, but it is just as challenging for someone that only needs to lose 30 pounds as someone that needs to lose 100. Don't get discouraged, don't go looking for the "secret" pill, or plan that will "melt the fat away", just be determined. If you mess up one day keep going, don't think just because you ate that whole bag of powdered donuts you just threw it all away, enjoy them and tell yourself you'll do better tomorrow, then do better tomorrow. I know I have a long way to go, and I am in no way an expert on weight loss, but I proved to myself and hopefully a few other people that if you want to change your body nothing is stopping you but you. If you can get fat you can get skinny!

Well that's about enough of that, just wanted to share a little and hopefully this will help someone not to be to hard on their self on their own journey.

May 2, 2011
5-4-111.jpg

April 29, 2012
DSCF8513-1.jpg

Now it's time to start bulking up a little! (with muscle not fat!!!) LOL!!!
Thanks!!! Hope this helps someone!

Replies

• jeffpettis
    Fixed the pics!
  • kindra3434
    kindra3434 Posts: 176 Member
    You look fantastic! HOT
  • Lolli1986
    Lolli1986 Posts: 500 Member
    i agree... i hope it's not rude to say, but i do find your current pic hot. great work!
  • Tristis
    Tristis Posts: 288 Member
    Looking good, sir!
  • jeffpettis
    :blushing: :blushing: :blushing: :flowerforyou:
  • jiggy_gibby
    jiggy_gibby Posts: 197
    Great job!

PS Was putting your new weight on your crotch area intentional? :noway:
  • jeffpettis
    Ummmmm No! Didn't really think about it till you pointed it out. Thanks!!! LOL! :blushing: :tongue:
  • jiggy_gibby
    jiggy_gibby Posts: 197
    I didn't think you realized that. You look amazing and your body is going to get enough attention! :)
  • vabchloser
    vabchloser Posts: 223 Member
    Just more proof that it works if you use the system. Progress is always so slow, it's hard to keep with it sometimes. I feel like I am never going to lose that pound.

But I come here over and over and see people like you that have stuck with it and it works.

I am a believer!! :) Good job there!!
  • 30musha30
    30musha30 Posts: 114
    :flowerforyou: Looking great!
  • majordlite
    majordlite Posts: 266 Member
    Most-excellent progress---you look terrific!
  • Fantastic story and thanks for the encouragement. The before and after pictures giva a great visual. I'm 13 lbs lost with 35 more to go.
  • cprice05
    cprice05 Posts: 82 Member
    Great job! You look amazing!! Liked what you said about the package of powdered donuts :smile: :drinker: I've had those days and it's the bouncing back that will help change your life.
  • entropy83
    entropy83 Posts: 172 Member
    Awesome. I think the hotness is caused by the alpha male pose. Looking relaxed and confident. Good job!
  • jeffpettis
    Thanks everyone!!! I know it will take some time but some days when I look in the mirror I still see the guy in the first picture. I guess we really are our worst critics! LOL!!!
  • wow! amazing difference. well done! and yes you are hot!
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!