percentages of fat/protein/carbs?

Options
Do you all follow the "guided" MFP recommendations or do you use the custom option? If you use custom, what percentage breakdown do you use for fat/protein/carbs and why? Please share! :)

Replies

• PinkAndSparkle
    Options
    I do 40 Carbs/30 Fat/30 Protein. It's what my trainer suggested and it keeps my carbs lower and my protein higher per day.
  • Toddrific
    Toddrific Posts: 1,114 Member
    Options
    I do the 40/30/30 because it is hip!
    Also, it's generally recommended you eat 1g of protein per 1lb of lean body mass. And 40/30/30 gets you there.
    Same with fat at about 0.25g per 1lb of total body mass.
  • KelseyDawn84
    KelseyDawn84 Posts: 129 Member
    Options
    I aim for 1g protein/lb of body weight
    About 0.4g fat/lb body weight
    And carbs to make up the rest.

I also used a bunch of other online calculators to calculate my BMR and adjusted my calorie goals so I eat more than my BMR. MFP had a pretty low BMR calculation for me compared to other calculations, and it had me eating less than my BMR. After a lot of research I decided to adjust everything higher than MFP suggested and I think it was the healthier, more sustainable choice for me.
  • danielleisms
    danielleisms Posts: 42 Member
    Options
    Thank you for the input! It's good to hear what is working for others!
  • ladyraven68
    ladyraven68 Posts: 2,003 Member
    Options
    Do you all follow the "guided" MFP recommendations or do you use the custom option? If you use custom, what percentage breakdown do you use for fat/protein/carbs and why? Please share! :)

I'm another on 40C, 30F, and 30P.

I love the pie chart on the phone app that tells you what your %'s are.
  • mariobadr
    mariobadr Posts: 58 Member
    Options
    I do 50/25/25 carbs/fat/protein, but I'm usually over on protein
  • shirsch52
    shirsch52 Posts: 19
    Options
    I try to do 45C / 30P / 25F; that said I usually end up around 50C / 30P / 20F - and things still all work out. I just have a hard time getting those carbs down because I LOVE my fruit!
  • danielleisms
    danielleisms Posts: 42 Member
    Options
    Seems like the 40/30/30 is pretty popular! Thanks all!