Taking Measurments

Options
I haven't loss weight as quickly in the last month but my stomach fat is shrinking. Would it be more constructive to measure myself every once in a while then constantly weight myself?

Replies

• HeidiMightyRawr
    HeidiMightyRawr Posts: 3,343 Member
    Options
    Yes. I weigh every fortnight, but if I haven't lost that much I'll take measurements to see the difference there.

Sometimes the measurement differences are quite significant, even when I haven't lost any.
  • leanandmean2012
    leanandmean2012 Posts: 179 Member
    Options
    I'm probaly going to buy some measuring tape today.
  • Leigh_D
    Leigh_D Posts: 356 Member
    Options
    YES! Measuring is very useful. Especially if that is you in the profile pic (*hubba*hubba* :love: ) you don't have a lot of fat left to lose, so your weight won't change much but your dimensions WILL as you work out different muscle groups to your satisfaction.

On my calendar, I write down my weight from the scale every Friday, and I write down my waist and hip measurements once a month. If you'rea geek like me, it's really fun to graph your progress in Excel. There are some graphing options from the "Reports" tab at the top of every MFP page.
  • Superchikanthem
    Superchikanthem Posts: 362 Member
    Options
    I weigh in everyday (Personal preference) and I have started to measure once a month (I like to see the inches come off in a big way! not just tiny incraments) Also I would measure the same as when you weigh in that way you are doing it at the same time of day. (I do both once I get up before I eat or drink anything and after I use the bathroom)
  • Mommy_Time
    Mommy_Time Posts: 256 Member
    Options
    Yes measure yourself. I think it will help you see/notice results more than a scale :) Also if you aren't taking pics I would suggest taking weekly pics wearing the same clothes each time and that will help you notice the changes as well.

You see yourself more than anyone and suttle changes are hard to notice seeing yourself everyday. Does that make sense?
  • leanandmean2012
    leanandmean2012 Posts: 179 Member
    Options
    Yea, I just need a steady plan on how much I measure and weight. I know my arms have DEFINITELY gotten bigger. I just noticed when I looked in the window. Great feeling :)