Aldi

Options
So I recently discovered Aldi Grocery store. It's been here for years, but I've never been in there until the other day. They have a great and affordable selection of food. I love there Fit & Active brand. My favorite is the yogurt raisins. Stuff is super cheap and their food is really good. I'm addicted! The only thing that I was not sure about is their bread. But next time, I am going to try their english muffins. Anybody else like Aldi?

Replies

• BreatheSelina_
    Options
    Aldi is my favorite! Cheap and easy!
  • Vixen0113
    Vixen0113 Posts: 78 Member
    Options
    I love fit an dactive..their meals don't taste like cardboard lol
  • BreatheSelina_
    Options
    bump bump bump.
  • dayswillpass
    Options
    Love aldi. They have Kefir there, which is really good. Plus their pita chips are really yummy and not $6 a damn bag!
  • MrsWilsoncroft
    MrsWilsoncroft Posts: 969 Member
    Options
    I love Aldi too, so cheap & they always have some lovely stuff in there.
    I love the super 6 offer they do weekly too xxx
  • sarglava
    sarglava Posts: 206 Member
    Options
    Aldi= amazing. There is the challenge of things not always being available when you want them. I've found that sometimes they're shifting stock around and won't have something I'm expecting them to have. It's very much like a Costco or Sam's in that manner. But if you're flexible you can get great deals especially on eggs, fruit and veg, and dairy. Just don't rely on them to always have the things you want when you want them.
  • littlebuddy84
    littlebuddy84 Posts: 1,000 Member
    Options
    Love Aldi :-)
  • groomchick
    groomchick Posts: 610 Member
    Options
    Does anyone know if the Aldi here in the states is the same ( or similar )in the U.K?
  • Wclassystephanie
    Options
    my fiancee and I shop there everytime we need groceries. More for your money. Of course some things I purchase somewhere else.
  • sarglava
    sarglava Posts: 206 Member
    Options
    Groomchick, what is that thing in your profile pic? I WANT!!
  • briyowes
    briyowes Posts: 757 Member
    Options
    I love Aldi's also. I buy a lot of produce there, especially pineapples at 99 cents each! Also I buy the chicken breast tenderloins, tilapia, and shrimp.
  • morninglilli
    Options
    They typically have really good produce also! Yay for Aldi!
  • AnnyaSB
    AnnyaSB Posts: 233 Member
    Options
    Does anyone know if the Aldi here in the states is the same ( or similar )in the U.K?
    I am from the UK. I should imagine they are very similar. Low cost, non-branded groceries and great value fruit & veg?
  • kennie2
    kennie2 Posts: 1,171 Member
    Options

theres aldi in most big towns in the uk :)
  • groomchick
    groomchick Posts: 610 Member
    Options
    Groomchick, what is that thing in your profile pic? I WANT!!

LOL.... Party Barge!!!
  • kennie2
    kennie2 Posts: 1,171 Member
    Options

theres aldi in most big towns in the uk that have like the same products (its international) :)
  • bunn3950y
    bunn3950y Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    I like the 99 cents pineapples too...LOL
  • jaynemaria
    jaynemaria Posts: 58 Member
    Options
    We have an Aldi and a Lidl next to each other so what we cant get on one you usually can on the other so were very lucky, their fruit and veg are so much cheaper than 'normal' supermarkets
  • 1meanmama
    Options
    Yep, I LOVE Aldi, especially for their fit & active line, but also for the non-diet stuff as well. Bread, meat, produce, dairy...it's all good! Do yourself a favor: try the fit & active ice cream sandwiches. They taste as good as skinny cow, but are less expensive. My favorite is the cookies & cream.
  • TooHott2Trott
    TooHott2Trott Posts: 57 Member
    Options
    It is the same store. They actually started off in the UK and migrated over to the US.... Thankfully they did! They are the BEST store EVER!!!! I usually shop there and my local Asian market for everything. Saves me a bundle!!!