Thighs workout

Options
I have really thick thighs. Not happy with them at all. I want to slim them down so I don't have them rubbing together when I walk. What workout should I use to do that?

Replies

• shellrocker12
    shellrocker12 Posts: 47 Member
    Options
    I wanted to follow this post, that's why I am responding!! I too would love to find an exercise for that.
  • tnielsen09
    Options
    I've had the same issue my entire life. For the last month while I'm laying in bed I have been putting a pillow in between my legs and have pushed my legs together. I do it for as long as I can until I feel I need to stop. It really works the inner thigh. You can do it with an exercise ball too! I've noticed quite a difference in my before and after pictures after doing it! Running is also great, you lose weight everywhere on your body when you do some cardio! Good luck!
  • Nopedotjpeg
    Nopedotjpeg Posts: 1,806 Member
    Options
    Can't "slim down" just one particular body part. Sorry to disappoint.

inb4 people tell you about their workout DVDs.
  • Iansmommy123011
    Iansmommy123011 Posts: 872 Member
    Options
    I have been going to curves for about 3 years and also doing other work outs, but when I get weighed and measured it seems like my thighs are the toughest spot.
  • tnielsen09
    Options
    I agree that it is very difficult to spot train!
  • Nopedotjpeg
    Nopedotjpeg Posts: 1,806 Member
    Options
    I agree that it is very difficult to spot train!

It's majority genetics. It's the same reason why I can do 1000 crunches a day and the fat I lose won't be coming from just my gut or even mostly it.
  • RetroGlitzDiva
    RetroGlitzDiva Posts: 109 Member
    Options
    I've had the same issue my entire life. For the last month while I'm laying in bed I have been putting a pillow in between my legs and have pushed my legs together. I do it for as long as I can until I feel I need to stop. It really works the inner thigh. You can do it with an exercise ball too! I've noticed quite a difference in my before and after pictures after doing it! Running is also great, you lose weight everywhere on your body when you do some cardio! Good luck!

Running has changed my calves so much! I use an exercise ball squeezed between my thighs and lay on my back. I lift my legs at the hip keeping my back flat. Seriousl works your core and inner thighs.
  • Trail_Addict
    Trail_Addict Posts: 1,350 Member
    Options
    Moderate Cardio, mixed with heavy lifting and a healthy diet is the formula to eventually slim them down. And agreeing with the previous poster, genetics play a big part in the transformation. :flowerforyou:
  • Iansmommy123011
    Options
    I did have a feeling about genetics would be part of that reason as well, but wasn't too sure. I have the same thighs build as my mom. But its just so annoying to walk with them rubbing together all the time. It's more annoying when wearing a bathing suit. But I will have to try that exercise, hopefully it will work for me.
  • KayteeBear
    KayteeBear Posts: 1,040 Member
    Options
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UT4UlsoQchY&feature=relmfu

There's a really good thigh workout.

But don't get your hopes up. You may never be able to get rid of that thigh rubbing. I know some real skinny chicks whose thighs still rub. That's just to do with the build of your body (how far apart your hips are) and where you hold your weight is very much genetics. But there's no reason to NOT do some thigh workouts and try to tone them up.
  • slightner
    slightner Posts: 61 Member
    Options
    I have been doing the exercise ball between my thighs and squeezing, it really has been working. i have a stubborn pouch of fat on my inner upper thighs and it is def helping. I also noticed a drastic improvement in my legs with the Jillian 30 Day Shred!
  • Iansmommy123011
    Options
    I have been doing the exercise ball between my thighs and squeezing, it really has been working. i have a stubborn pouch of fat on my inner upper thighs and it is def helping. I also noticed a drastic improvement in my legs with the Jillian 30 Day Shred!

Which size exercise ball do you use? Is Jillian 30 Day Shred is that a dvd video work out? I tried running this morning so lets see what happens lol
  • slightner
    slightner Posts: 61 Member
    Options
    im not sure on the size of the ball....its a pretty big one, its hard to get in between my knees so there is a LOT of resistance. 30 Day shred is a dvd workout, and it is a killer but its only 20 min a day so it fits in my schedule. and its only 10 bucks at walmart :)
  • Sarauk2sf
    Sarauk2sf Posts: 28,072 Member
    Options

^^this. You need to lose BF% overall to help. The body is an annoying thing in that it will not lose fat where you want to most. To help in getting your legs in shape to benefit from the BF% decrease, do squats, lunges and if you have access to a gym AND can ensure good form - deadlifts. However, the ability to get a 'thigh gap' is mainly genetics.
  • tigersword
    tigersword Posts: 8,059 Member
    Options
    Heavy barbell squats.
  • Iansmommy123011
    Options
    Oh nice I will have to check that out. :) I went jogging this morning and I am out of shape when it comes to jogging or running lol. I am so out of breath it's not even funny.
  • LiddyBit
    LiddyBit Posts: 447 Member
    Options
    Cardio Barre, Barre Method, or any of the ballet-based workouts will probably give you the closest approximate of the leg slim-down you want. But I'm sure you know that you can't pick where you lose weight and it's hard to change your body's natural weight distribution, proportion-wise.
  • shannonkgr
    Options
    Per Dr. Oz and the Dr. Oz Show
    Fat-burning Formula for Thighs

Research shows that thigh fat is less metabolically active than fat on other parts of the body. To burn fat in this stubborn area, your body needs a metabolic boost. Try increasing your metabolism to burn fat stores in your thighs with:

1000mg calcium pyruvate before each meal
    Swap all meat for meat substitutes

Pyruvic acid is found naturally in the body, helps convert sugar and starches into energy, and has been shown to boost metabolism. However, to actually help burn thigh fat, you need more pyruvic acid than the body can provide. A calcium pyruvate supplement combines pyruvic acid and calcium to aid weight loss by working to minimize fat storage in areas like your thighs. Take 1000mg of calcium pyruvate before each meal for 1 week.

Animal fat has a high-saturated fat content that can get stored in your thighs. Don’t eat meat for 1 week. Instead, choose protein from plant sources: veggie burgers, soy hot dogs and tofu bacon.
  • AshCakes88
    AshCakes88 Posts: 131 Member
    Options
    You can't spot reduce but if you want to build some muscle then lunges and squats are good. Once the weight starts coming off, all of your hard work from the squats and lunges will begin to show :happy:
  • Awkward30
    Awkward30 Posts: 1,927 Member
    Options

This. Just need to lose fat overall. I can wear dresses with no chub rub now!