How to keep my sugar intake down?

Options
willis84
willis84 Posts: 86 Member
My daily sugar limit is 24g. Yesterday I was over by 72. I noticed that my 8oz of orange juice alOne has 24g!
What do you do to cut your sugar? Should I be looking for sugar free products now?

Replies

• cjack19
    cjack19 Posts: 158 Member
    Options
    This is a tough one for me... I LOVE sugar :love: .... I just started reading all labels and cutting out the things that I didn't really need. Juice was one of them... I LOVE OJ, but now only have it on Christmas Morning :laugh:

I don't worry about sugar in fresh fruit or milk etc, - but have tried cutting out other sugar by reading labels. (granola bars, yougurt, cereal...)

Good luck! It is hard to do, but it is doable :flowerforyou:

Carolyn
  • willis84
    willis84 Posts: 86 Member
    Options
    I uses I should just cut out sugar from processed foods and not worry too much if they come from fruit and veggies. Means I'll have to give up my NERDS :(
  • cjack19
    cjack19 Posts: 158 Member
    Options
    yep.... nerds be gone! :laugh:

I also love candy and once I stopped eating it, I stopped craving it. I can actually have candy in the house and not touch it :)
  • punkypenny
    punkypenny Posts: 99 Member
    Options
    Cutting my sugars is one of my goals too. Yesterday I only went over by 4g. What I'm doing is reading labels, making sure I'm not buying anything with sugar added to it, or even artificial sweeteners (those are even worse.) Every week I'm adding 1/2 tsp less sugar to my coffee until I can drink it without any. I'm down to 1-1/2 tsp. No juices. My goal is to have my sugars ONLY coming from fruits and veggies. Feel free to add me. My diary is open to friends.