95lb journey....breaking my food addiction!

Options
dorkboi
dorkboi Posts: 87 Member
Once again (seems like the millionth time!) I am starting on this journey to health. A friend referred me to this site and I love it so far!! Just started yesterday and looking forward to getting this process moving. I could use all the support I can get!! I struggle heavily with food addiction and body image and am working diligently to get getting myself back to a healthy body and frame of mind. Worrying less about losing fast, and more about losing healthy. Feel free to add me!!

21891345.png
Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Weight Loss Tools

Replies

• AZackery
    AZackery Posts: 2,035 Member
    Options
    You can do this. Believe in yourself. Baby steps and patience is the key.
  • missyyclaire
    missyyclaire Posts: 572 Member
    Options
    Yes, be patient and be kind to yourself and ask tons of questions. Eventually you find the key that you need to lose and be healthy and happy. Best to you. Read, read, read...everyday, fill your mind with good information
  • born2bskinny
    born2bskinny Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    I also have a major food addiction. Mine nemisis is sugar! I recently bought the Jillian Michaels Revolution. Although I don't follow it 100%, it was a huge inspiration and got me going. Now, I find it easier to watch my sugar intake and don't crave fast food anymore. That's huge for me. Good luck to you. I know you can do it!:smile:
  • mandi2r
    mandi2r Posts: 228 Member
    Options
    Good luck.. and just ask if you need that extra push... :D
  • Kari089
    Kari089 Posts: 126 Member
    Options
    it's never too late to start again-point is you're still trying. It takes a long time and loads of work to get healthy with such an addiction. A lot of us seem to be in the same boat I think. Just be patient with yourself and go at it slowly..you will get there :)
    cheers
  • BobbyDaniel
    BobbyDaniel Posts: 1,460 Member
    Options
    Food addictions are rough, and I speak from experience since I'm in an ongoing battle with that. I hope you find the support you need here and I have no doubt that you can accomplish you goals because I am living proof!
  • gettinfit4god
    gettinfit4god Posts: 63 Member
    Options
    I've struggled with addiction my whole life and, as it often happens with most people who suffer from addictive personalities, food addiction is where we seem to end up. Hey, it's legal, right? The funny thing is, after all those years trying to fill that emotional hole with food trying to make myself happy, I'm realizing now that I always felt bad after I ate. Always. I was really good at abusing myself both physically with the food and emotionally and verbally with my own thoughts! I actually accomplished the opposite of my goal! Now as I learn to eat healthy and natural foods I'm finding that I enjoy food WAY more than I did when I was stuffing my face with sweets for a temporary sugar high!

This site has the tools to help you break the addiction. I was never so aware of what I was putting in my mouth before MFP, and any addict can tell you that the first step is admitting you have a problem which takes incredible self-awareness!

Feel free to add me if you like. Good luck!
  • dorkboi
    Options
    I do have that addictive personality. I've beat drugs, alcohol and now smoking (3 months!) seems food is the last mountain to climb and the one I've had the longest relationship! Just using the calorie counter is forcing me to watch every bite. Thanks!
  • dorkboi
    Options
    Thank you all for the support!! Please feel free to add me!
  • Chrissie_R
    Chrissie_R Posts: 224 Member
    Options
    best of luck to you! you can do it!!
  • safiaq
    safiaq Posts: 21
    Options
    Hi - I live in London - I dream about food all day and night and will always struggle so I could do with all the inspiration I can! Please add/accept me.
  • sissy112553
    Options
    i know where your coming from, i done all the same things. i have been doing mfp for about 3weeks and i love it now if i can get raed of the smoking i'll be doing great. keep the good work up. add me as your friend if u want good luck
  • Christine1110
    Christine1110 Posts: 1,786 Member
    Options
    Welcome!! This site is a blessing!! I have made lots of small changes.....and now have stopped eating processed foods. I felt like it's the best way for me to really get healthy and get the weight off....and it has really worked for me!
  • Christine1110
    Christine1110 Posts: 1,786 Member
    Options
    I do have that addictive personality. I've beat drugs, alcohol and now smoking (3 months!) seems food is the last mountain to climb and the one I've had the longest relationship! Just using the calorie counter is forcing me to watch every bite. Thanks!

Good for you!! Your on the right track! Congrats to all your changes....I know it hasn't been easy, but so worth it!!
  • semhamm
    semhamm Posts: 6
    Options
    You look so amazing! I have a severe food addiction that I am battling. Especially fast food to the point to where I feel it is causing great harm to my body. My ankles are swollen and I am the biggest I have ever been in my life... at 275lbs I feel absolutely disgusted with myself. I know it can be done.... I just have to find myself that has been lost underneath all this pain that I've been covering up with food. If you have any advice.... I would greatly appreciate it!