I don't see a difference in 20lbs, do you?

Options
So I was going through and starting to compare pictures of me now and when I started to lose weight since I hit the 20lbs mark (I know counter says 10 but I had lost 10 prior to joining MFP to track calories). And I'll be honest, I do not see a difference. I don't have any full body pics of me at 240 so I am just comparing what I had. So I want people to be honest...can you see a difference in the 240lbs pic (left) to the 220lbs pic (right)? Where? Thanks.

Photo_phixr.jpg

Since I mentioned the other picture that I do see a difference in, I will also post it. The older picture I think I am at 270lbs but I am not sure since I avoided scales like a sane person avoids landmines.

Photo_phixr_1.jpg

Thanks again for your input. :)

Replies

• kristenlees122
    Options
    ummm YES!!!

i can definitely see a difference.
  • pinky_pie
    pinky_pie Posts: 127
    Options
    I definitely see a difference! I know it's difficult to tell because you see yourself every day, but it's there in your face already. Through your cheekbones and forehead and some in your chin. It's working! Keep at it :) I'm going to add you if that's ok?
  • moeviegrl
    moeviegrl Posts: 52
    Options
    Thanks guys. I see the checkbone thing now that I look at it. and Yeah...add me! I love new friends. :)
  • meshashesha2012
    meshashesha2012 Posts: 8,326 Member
    Options
    your face definitely looks slimmer .. also your boobs look higher also your necklace looks a bit lower.

20 pounds loss has been weird for me because i'm noticing it most in my mid section but also weird places like my feet (shoes are getting bigger), my shins and wrists... not exactly places that are going to affect clothing sizes, so it's easy to miss.

and take a full body pic. so you can compare better. i have one for myself where i'm just in a sports bra and shorts. trust me that's not a pic i'll be posting until i'm close to my GW, but i still take photos once a month just to keep track
  • Surfrider
    Surfrider Posts: 364 Member
    Options
    I was basically at the same weights. I started around 245lb, I had lost about 26lb over last year. I wore a smaller sized pair of pants and went in a couple belt notches, but could never look in the mirror and feel like I had lost anything. The key is to pay attention to little comments from friends / family. They will be the first to really notice.

Sadly, I hit a really bad plateu and decided to "take a break" for a few weeks, which turned into a few months. I gained 15lb back from Dec-March and now I can look in the mirror and see exactly where it went back on!!

Long story short, 20lb does make a big difference at our weight. Take a lesson from me, dont take " a break" when you hit a plateau but just work through it. It kills me to think I could be down another 10-15lb in that time but instead I have to work off another 15lb that I gained back.

Depressing!! =(
  • AZKristi
    AZKristi Posts: 1,801 Member
    Options
    Definitely in your face! Its hard to tell about the body because you are wearing different clothes and the angles are quite different. 20 pounds is huge!

Also, if you want MFP to reflect weight you lost prior to joining, do this: On the "My Home" tab, click "Check In". Click Edit Previous entries. At the bottom, under add a new entry, you can enter your highest weight and the date that this was measured. Obviously there is no rule or anything that you have to do this, but seeing a bigger number on your ticker may help you stay motivated.

Great work!
  • ProjFit
    ProjFit Posts: 143
    Options
    you look great! I definitely see a difference in your pictures. You can really see it in your face. Dont get too discouraged, you see yourself every day so it can be really hard to notice a change. Do you keep track of your measurements, inches can be a great way to monitor weight loss because the scale can fluctuate throughout the day. Besides, inches are what the eye sees!
  • joshanti81
    joshanti81 Posts: 19 Member
    Options
    I can clearly see a difference in your upper body and face!
  • redcat17
    redcat17 Posts: 267 Member
    Options
    I can tell the difference in your face for sure and also you upper body a bit. Keep up the good work. You're doing great!
  • dorkboi
    dorkboi Posts: 87 Member
    Options
    Can definately see it in your face! I know the last time I had a 30 lb loss I couldn't tell until I put pics side by side. Keep it up!! You're doing great!
  • melanielynn123
    Options
    I can see the:happy: difference through your face and neck! Great job!
  • FatUncleRob
    FatUncleRob Posts: 341
    Options
    I can see the:happy: difference through your face and neck! Great job!

I agree! Keep up the good work. :flowerforyou:
  • littlebuddy84
    littlebuddy84 Posts: 1,000 Member
    Options
    I can definitely see a difference well done :-)
  • megsmom2
    megsmom2 Posts: 2,362 Member
    Options
    big difference! congrats, you're doing great!!!
  • Brandicaloriecountess
    Brandicaloriecountess Posts: 2,126 Member
    Options
    I do, but let me tell you something you won't like lol. Other people did not notice a difference on me until around 40 pounds, keep it up :)
  • HCBsChica
    HCBsChica Posts: 34 Member
    Options
    Keep up the great work! You look slimmer in your shoulders too!
  • Megdmcda
    Megdmcda Posts: 273 Member
    Options
    yes ur face is noticably slimmer. keep it up. :)
  • Mercenary1914
    Mercenary1914 Posts: 1,087 Member
    Options
    Girl...I see a difference....and remember it's harder for us to see improvement in ourself....I look in the mirror every day when brushing my teeth or what have you...and I hardly see a change...but the people who see you from time to time...will most definitely noticed your change....

Good work! I am happy for you