feeling bikini ready after dropping 43 pounds

Options
Finally feeling like I am bikini ready for this summer….like I will be able to walk down the beach without being embarrassed by my butt and thighs, using a towel or shorts to try to hide as much of my lower body as I can. Yay!! Last year I turned down all invitations I got to events that involved swimming suits and it makes me a little sad to think how much I let my weight interfere with my enjoyment of life for a few years.

I have very few photos of me from my fat phase of life…but I came across this one that one of my sisters snapped of me at my mom’s birthday party this past August—right before I decided I needed to make a permanent lifestyle change. Although seeing myself as I was, and sharing it with others, embarrasses me greatly I’m doing it. (hopefully the photos I attempt to upload will come through)

For those of you who are interested in how I did it…I focused on eating well balanced portioned controlled foods. I did not cut out specific food groups---I ate carbs of all types (but I did try to stick to whole grains/healthier choices), I drank booze here and there and I allowed myself to have treats …I didn’t deprive myself. I did try to focus on eating mostly fresh vegetables and fruits. I avoided severe calorie restriction but I did (and still do) exercise like a maniac on most days.
Best of luck to those of you who are just starting on this journey or who are still working at getting the pounds off! Logging is key to my success and I plan to continue to do it even though I am now happy where I am at. Thanks MFP!! :happy: :flowerforyou:

It's my first time trying to share photos in a message board so I apologize if they don't come through or are the wrong size :ohwell:

003-1.jpg

008-2.jpg

P1050840-1.jpg

Replies

• 2Bskinny4good_Stacie
    Options
    sorry that the sized of the bikini shots are off but my profile is open so the full shots are visible there if anyone wants to check them out :smile:
  • Jen8np
    Jen8np Posts: 50 Member
    Options
    Oh my god u look amazing!!!!!! And u got those pics up! U will have to walk me through it one day. U seriously do look amazing!!!
  • SparkleShine
    SparkleShine Posts: 2,001 Member
    Options
    You look AMAZING!!!!! What is yoru workout schedule like???? Please share!
  • 1_Happy_Camper
    Options
    Amazing results!!!!
  • Nix_
    Nix_ Posts: 94
    Options
    As I have said before, amazing job!
  • thistimeismytime
    thistimeismytime Posts: 711 Member
    Options
    You're such a rock star girl!! You earned the right to rock that bikini! :flowerforyou:
  • viser_haut
    viser_haut Posts: 97 Member
    Options
    You look amazing well done! :happy:
  • kylexii
    kylexii Posts: 47
    Options
    you look incredible! amazing job (:
  • Kari089
    Kari089 Posts: 126 Member
    Options
    wow, amazing! well done you :) rocking that bikini bod!
  • pg1girl
    pg1girl Posts: 268 Member
    Options
    You are beautiful inside and out Stacie! Congratulations my friend!
  • Libby81
    Libby81 Posts: 734 Member
    Options
    You look fantastic!! massive congrats for your achievement. Loving your shoulders x
  • SVMR17
    SVMR17 Posts: 33
    Options
    Congrats on the new body! Would love to hear about your exercise routine!
  • kdiamond
    kdiamond Posts: 3,329 Member
    Options
    You look amazing girl!! You don't look a day over 30. GOOD JOB!
  • dvisser1
    dvisser1 Posts: 788 Member
    Options
    You think you're bikini ready? You're a bikini bombshell!!!! Wow!!!
  • CoderGal
    CoderGal Posts: 6,800 Member
    Options
    You're so flat side on! It's incredible. Fantastic job!
  • shammxo
    shammxo Posts: 1,432 Member
    Options
    you look incredible! definitely show it OFF!
  • sfoxy219
    sfoxy219 Posts: 103
    Options
    Jealous! You look amazing, well done.
  • mznisaelaine
    mznisaelaine Posts: 2,262 Member
    Options
    You definitely look great!! and definitely bikini ready!
  • love4fitnesslove4food_wechange
    Options
    wow--how long did it take you? You look PHENOMENAL!
  • FatUncleRob
    FatUncleRob Posts: 341
    Options
    You definitely look great!! and definitely bikini ready!

I agree, enjoy the summer! :smile:
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!