Raspberry Ketones

Options
Has anyone tried raspberry ketones to aid in weight loss????? Safe?

Replies

• delilah47
    delilah47 Posts: 1,658
    Options
    I saw them in Dr Leonard's catalog. In my opinion, any supplements or "creams" in Dr Leonard's catalog are a scam.
  • sma83
    sma83 Posts: 485 Member
    Options
    I have tried two different brands over 3 month period and have not seen ANY results. Should have known it was too good to be true! lol I would say save your money.
  • AZKristi
    AZKristi Posts: 1,801 Member
    Options
    No way to know if they are safe. Supplements are completely unregulated and are not required to demonstrate safety OR efficacy.
  • mclaughlin709
    mclaughlin709 Posts: 23 Member
    Options
    Anyone else??
  • soontobesam
    soontobesam Posts: 714 Member
    Options
    Someone recommended these to me (someone who does not work out and does not have a super healthy diet from what i can tell) so I avoided it thinking it was a cop out to replace real work.

Interested to see what real users have to say...
  • wendygutie
    wendygutie Posts: 156 Member
    Options
    I have been taking raspberry ketones for a month now, in addition to exercise and eating healthy. I have consistently lost about 9-15 pounds a month for the past 6 months. I only started to take raspberry ketones, because I knew that eventually I would slow down in my weight loss. I cannot attribute my weight loss for this past month to the ketones alone. It definitely is a combination of exercise, diet, and maybe a small portion to the supplements.
  • Sidesteal
    Sidesteal Posts: 5,510 Member
    Options
    Useless.
  • chris1816
    chris1816 Posts: 715 Member
    Options
    Anyone else??

Stop looking for someone to tell you snake oil isn't snake oil.

The general rule on supplements is this; if it is legal, it probably doesn't do much of anything.

You cannot magically make your body defy the laws of physics and lose weight faster, do you ever see any of these say they will work without a well balanced diet and exercise? Lipolysis in the body works in a few very specific ways; science is cool like that.
  • laurenbausch
    laurenbausch Posts: 146
    Options
    Maybe I'm crazy, but they seem to work for me. I've lost 10 pounds so far. I cannot say it's purely from the supplement, but I think it's been a helping hand in my success so far. I don't have any weird side effects either. My skin looks clearer too, but that might be from all the fresh veggies I've been eating. I've also been doing some light weight training and cardio. I drink tons of water and limit diet sodas to a couple per week rather than 3 or so a day like I was drinking. I also began these while doing the GNC 7day cleanse. I crave salads now and healthy stuff. It also cut my severe wine cravings out. I might have a glass with dinner if we're with our buddies...Sure beats the 3 glasses or so I used to consume. I get mine from Swanson brand...Much cheaper and pure.
  • jg627
    jg627 Posts: 1,221 Member
    Options
    Too expensive for me. I'm on a budget. That's why I use goat pee. Goat pee combined with a healthy diet and exercise melted the pounds off like butter.
  • laurenbausch
    laurenbausch Posts: 146
    Options
    Ewww...But congrats! Major weight loss! Maybe you're onto something! Ha!
  • jg627
    jg627 Posts: 1,221 Member
    Options
    Ewww...But congrats! Major weight loss! Maybe you're onto something! Ha!
    Nobody's ever tried it before and that's why it's going to work.
  • seamonkey789
    seamonkey789 Posts: 233
    Options
    I got some off swansons because they were on sale. They haven't made me lose weight, but I do burp raspberries all morning