What day do you get on the scale?

Options
I have been weighing in on Fridays. I am thinking of switching to Wednesdays. I have looked at my food journal and I see that Since I weigh on Friday I tend to be less strict on the weekends with my foods. I always hop on the scale first thing in the morning. I am thinking if I do it mid week I will keep myself more in check. What day do you weigh in and why? Also do you weigh once a week or more often?

Replies

• runnercheryl
    runnercheryl Posts: 1,314 Member
    Options
    I weigh every day, but I picked Monday for my official weigh-ins because it's the day after my rest day, and I seem to be my most accurate/low weight after my rest.
  • creature275
    creature275 Posts: 348 Member
    Options
    randomly, I really dont care unless it fluctuates more than 5 lbs cuz with my job ill lose and gain water weight like crazy from sweating
  • JoolieW68
    JoolieW68 Posts: 1,879 Member
    Options
    Every day. But I don't record a loss until I see it on the scale for 2 days.
  • Kaylyn221
    Kaylyn221 Posts: 123
    Options
    I weigh myself once a month. I used to weigh everyday to every other day, or even once a week but was becoming frustrated because of it going up and down and up and down, which I know is normal, but for my own sanity I decided to just weigh in once a month. I see more changes {positive} doing it that way then the constant ups and downs I tend to see from day to day.
  • Surfrider
    Surfrider Posts: 364 Member
    Options
    Once a week, Thursday AM, straight out of bed (after a morning pee to lose an extra few tenths of a lb of course!!). =)
  • CuteMonkeyGal
    CuteMonkeyGal Posts: 138 Member
    Options
    Once a week, Thursday AM, straight out of bed (after a morning pee to lose an extra few tenths of a lb of course!!). =)

Same here. I signed up for MFP on a Thursday, so now I weigh myself once a week right when I get up. :)
  • mmstgr
    mmstgr Posts: 578 Member
    Options
    First thing Sunday morning.
    It's the beginning of the calendar week.
    Keeps me from going crazy Saturdays because I know I have to weigh in the next day :)
  • Livingbalanced
    Livingbalanced Posts: 84 Member
    Options
    I've decided to weigh in once a month for my own sanity. First one is May 1st.
  • scloyd
    scloyd Posts: 327 Member
    Options
    I weigh myself almost every morning, but I only log in my weight on Monday mornings. I do this because it helps me control myself on the weekends.
  • tyoung4
    tyoung4 Posts: 30
    Options
    Saturday first thing in the morning! It keeps me motivated throughout the weekend especially when your weekend is full of events and you want to make sure that you stay on point.
  • katisav
    katisav Posts: 7
    Options
    Every day. Hate it but i can't help it..
  • abcmiah
    abcmiah Posts: 36 Member
    Options
    Me too. Plus I just seem to have more time on Sunday mornings than any other day.
    First thing Sunday morning.
    It's the beginning of the calendar week.
    Keeps me from going crazy Saturdays because I know I have to weigh in the next day :)
  • Christine1110
    Christine1110 Posts: 1,786 Member
    Options
    I weigh usually everyday. That way I know if I have drank enough water....and keeps me from eating junk!
  • mfpcopine
    mfpcopine Posts: 3,093 Member
    Options
    Right now, several times a week (4-5?). I'd do it every day if I remembered.
  • kprangernix07
    kprangernix07 Posts: 124 Member
    Options
    Once a week! Monday Morning! keeps my weekend in check, knowing that I have to weigh in on Monday. Works well for motivating me to work out on the weekends too.
  • MsRejection
    MsRejection Posts: 30 Member
    Options
    I weigh in every saturday morning, i find that if i weigh more than once a week it discourages me because of weight fluctuation. Please feel free to add me if any of you are looking for support in your weight loss journey i know i could use it :).
  • MaryBowen27
    MaryBowen27 Posts: 132
    Options
    I usually "check in" daily, just because I'm neurotic. But Mondays are my official weigh days.
  • PeaceCorpsKat
    PeaceCorpsKat Posts: 335 Member
    Options
    I do every day, but I don't log unless I lose.
  • Elohvey
    Elohvey Posts: 65 Member
    Options
    I go on every morning for the most part. but I only record on Wednesdays no matter what. It's a pain since last Monday I was at 252 and was so psyched. Come Wednesday it was 255. BLEH! I am going to start only looking at the scale on Wednesdays now. It's been hard but I've made it this far. I also feel much happier this way.