Should I cut out cheese??

Options
I feel like I'm eating alot, and even though I usually stay under my fat macros, it feels like I should eat less cheese.

I don't eat cheddar cheese any more, but eat dairylea cream cheese and feta. Could it affect my weightloss??

Replies

• strawberrie_milk
    strawberrie_milk Posts: 381 Member
    Options
    It won't affect your weight loss as long as you're eating within your calorie goal.
  • ZugTheMegasaurus
    ZugTheMegasaurus Posts: 801 Member
    Options
    It really depends on why you think it's a problem. If it's affecting how you feel, preventing you from losing weight outright, or you're eating a whole cheese wedge or something at a time, then you might be on to something. If you just feel like you should have less, then it might not be as strong a reason, but there's no harm in having less if it makes you feel better about it.

Go ahead and cut back (it sounds like you already started) and see how you feel after a few weeks. If you notice a positive difference, then great! If nothing happens, then you can go either way. If you have a negative reaction, then maybe you should add some back in. You can't tell until you experiment a little with it.
  • healthyfoxx
    healthyfoxx Posts: 104 Member
    Options
    Try cutting it out or your diet for a few weeks if it is bothering you, and see what happens. Worst case is that it doesn't work for you, and you start eating it again.
  • ChasingSweatandTears
    ChasingSweatandTears Posts: 504 Member
    Options
    It depends.... Does it back you up? Do you have any sort of lactose intolerance and feel yucky after you it? Gassy, bloated, etc..? If you experience these things it can interfere with your digestive system which can interfere with your weight loss, due to inflammation or a digestive system that isn't working in your favor, even if you're consuming the right amount of calories. I love cheese, but eating it often causes these bad symptoms in me and completely stalls my weight loss. So i only eat it on rare occasion now. If you have no reaction to it, I say continue to enjoy your cheese in moderation. If you feel like you need to cut back on it though, maybe you should try to do so for awhile. It depends in why you are thinking that.
  • Tanishhaaaaaa
    Tanishhaaaaaa Posts: 54 Member
    Options
    I don't get any symptoms, but it just seems as though I shouldn't be eating it.

Everyone acts as though cheese is the devil of all foods, but I'm not so sure
  • ZugTheMegasaurus
    ZugTheMegasaurus Posts: 801 Member
    Options

Foods high in fat tend to get a bad rap that's largely undeserved. People tend to think fat in food equals fat on your body, but that's not really how it works. If you eat it in reasonable portions and enjoy it, I don't see any reason you should have to give it up. It's entirely up to you though, of course.
  • ChasingSweatandTears
    ChasingSweatandTears Posts: 504 Member
    Options
    Nah then, enjoy your chesse and dont worry about what anyone else says :) There are worse things than cheese. That being said, if you eat a lot of it, you may want to look for brands that do not treat their cows with RBGH. This has nothing to do with weight loss, just personal preference. I do not want to be ingesting artifial hormones along with my cheese.
  • papastu
    papastu Posts: 737 Member
    Options
    no
  • Jessicaruby
    Jessicaruby Posts: 881 Member
    Options
    if it fits into your macros and cals and you want it then eat it. i have cut back because it puts me over on my sodium intake
  • Willbenchforcupcakes
    Willbenchforcupcakes Posts: 4,955 Member
    Options
    Eat it if you enjoy and can make it fit your macros. I enjoy some every day, all different varieties(except for blue cheese)
  • HeidiMightyRawr
    HeidiMightyRawr Posts: 3,343 Member
    Options
    If it fits your calories and macros I don't see why there should be any need to cut it out.

No foods are on their own, "bad". It's only when people eat them in excess that it becomes a problem. You like cheese obviously (I do too) and you're within your goals, I see no problem :smile:
  • ironanimal
    ironanimal Posts: 5,922 Member
    Options
    Cheese has fats and protein in it. Good stuff. Eat it if it fits your goals.
  • Martucha123
    Martucha123 Posts: 1,093 Member
    Options
    cheese is great source of protein and calcium
    I make sure I have cheese every day!
    Just had a sandwich with 50g of gouda.
    There is no reason not to have cheese. Enjoy
  • scottstephens79
    scottstephens79 Posts: 77 Member
    Options
    My approach to cheese is that, "it is good, in moderation". Yes, it does have good protein and calcium nutrients, but most cheese has a lot of salt in it (except swiss). As long as you don't go over in your sodium intake I say enjoy some.
  • hesn92
    hesn92 Posts: 5,967 Member
    Options
    I don't really believe there are "good" foods and there are "bad" foods... everything in moderation. I eat about an oz of cheese with crackers almost every day.. maybe every other day. And I also have cheese on sandwiches and salads and stuff. It doesn't affect your weight loss if you stay within your calorie range.
  • Jules2Be
    Jules2Be Posts: 2,267 Member
    Options
    My bad.. i thought you said cut THE cheese...
  • katemme
    katemme Posts: 191
    Options
    Cheese is for richers anyway.
  • McKayMachina
    McKayMachina Posts: 2,670 Member
    Options

It's not. "Everyone" is hugely mislead about nutrition. Cheese is yummy! And if it fits within your diet, then have at it. :)
  • honeysprinkles
    honeysprinkles Posts: 1,757 Member
    Options
    It won't affect your weight loss as long as you're eating within your calorie goal.
    this! I had to cut back on cheese because I couldn't eat the amount I was eating before without having a hard time sticking to my calorie goal. But I do still eat it, just less.
  • theartichoke
    theartichoke Posts: 816 Member
    Options
    What?!? No. That's just blasphemous.