just some opinions please

Options
ok, so i just want some opinions of how i'm doing and if i should make any changes. i am 5'5 and i just hit 199lbs today. trying to get to 140. i have not been logging water but i do drink alot of water. i log anything i drink other than water. i drink lots of propel water too when i get tired of regular water. but for the most part i drink maybe an average of 6-8 cups a day. i do have my occasional cheat days when cravings get to bad, but i try to keep them minimal and not overdo it on that cheat day. so any opinions i would love. thank you.

ps. the profile pic is not my most recent. that is my first body pic when i lost the first couple of lbs. i will try to get the most recent one up here.

ok its on my profile. the one w the black and white shirt. let me know. thanx

Replies

• wftiger
    wftiger Posts: 1,283 Member
    Options
    Thought I would make a few suggestions. You can take them or leave them up to you. I see a bariatric Dr. and a nutritionist and I have learned a few things from them.

1 - You should cut down on the processed foods. Too much sodium in that.
    2 - More protein. My Dr. recommends women at 20 grams 4 times a day. So you would want 20 with each meal and a snack not all at once.
    3 - More veggies. They help fill you up and give you vitamins you need.

I wouldn't worry about your propel water. There are many here that think it is bad but every reputable source I have found says any liquid counts. And don't worry about cheat days. They do happen and if you can bounce right back then you are fine. Might want to try to keep them cheat meals and minimize the damage done.

Great job and keep up the good work.
  • taso42
    taso42 Posts: 8,980 Member
    Options
    Looking good. If anything I would tip the balance more towards protein.
  • Mommyof3texans
    Options
    Feel free to look at my diary, just like the previous poster said, I would suggest

1 - More protein
    2 - More fruits/veggies
    3 - more wholesome foods, less processed

I'm always looking for ways to make my calories stretch as far as possible lol, I find the healthier my food choices, the more I get to eat!
  • Megdmcda
    Megdmcda Posts: 273 Member
    Options
    ok awesome. yeah i try to find stuff w lots of protein. i've recently stocked up on alot of nuts. i think my main problem is probably bread. but i'm trying to cut that back. and i love fresh veggies. thanks guys. add me if u want. :)