Weekend ruins my diet!!

Options
I eat well during the week and exercise each day whether it be in the form of running or ab workouts.

Once it comes to the weekend it's a totally different story, I just binge and I cannot help my self, basically ruining the hard work I've put in, in the last 5 days.

Replies

• MsNewBooty83
    MsNewBooty83 Posts: 1,003 Member
    Options
    me too...and this being Sunday, im feeling the guilt, hard. people keep telling me that i cant workout like i do without taking a day off...so i take a day off (usually saturday) and it totally throws me off my game. i eat and eat and eat....then it kinda spills over into sunday and i have i hard time getting motivated for the week again. i feel tired and bloated. maybe we can friend and work on this one together? competition keeps me motivated. request me if u'd like to :wink:
  • mfanyafujo
    mfanyafujo Posts: 232 Member
    Options
    For me (on any day) the key is staying somewhat busy. Even on a designated rest day, if I have a lot of free time with no scheduled activity, I'll end up eating out of boredom. So maybe if you get some activities for those days and times that you usually binge, you might end up being too occupied to binge.
  • joeq722
    joeq722 Posts: 86 Member
    Options
    Thats funny, im the opposite.
    Without the distractions of the work week, I can concentrate on eating right on the weekends.

Maybe you could leverage what you do well.
    In other words, skip a workout day during the week and move it to the weekend.

Maybe when you know you have "downtime" coming on the weekends that triggers the diet to relax a bit.

Just an idea, good luck!
  • astrampe
    astrampe Posts: 2,169 Member
    Options
    I eat between 1850 and 2200 a day - so even on weekends it's not the end of the world - and I found that I don't crave anything enough to binge since I started eating more...
    Why don't you start off Saturday and Sunday mornings with an hour of cardio - that should add enough calories so you can eat whatever you feel like....
  • MsNewBooty83
    MsNewBooty83 Posts: 1,003 Member
    Options
    Without the distractions of the work week, I can concentrate on eating right on the weekends.

Maybe when you know you have "downtime" coming on the weekends that triggers the diet to relax a bit.

Just an idea, good luck!

thats actually an awesome idea. thank you :)
  • Island_Style20
    Island_Style20 Posts: 98 Member
    Options
    Do what I do! Spend hours searching for healthy recipes, and make some! If you have time off, you should be using it wisely! :D YOu can do it!
  • joeq722
    joeq722 Posts: 86 Member
    Options
    Thats true! you can fill time by becoming a 'student' of fitness, sort of.
    I did that years ago and it worked well.

The new knowledge tends to add motivation too.
  • slim104
    slim104 Posts: 160
    Options
    Do what I do! Spend hours searching for healthy recipes, and make some! If you have time off, you should be using it wisely! :D YOu can do it!
    Thats exactly what i have just spent the afternnon doing. Can't wait for dinner tomorrow.
  • chandysiegman
    Options
    I was doing same thing but then cut back to having bad days fri night and saturdays....then after i got used to that i cut back to going out to dinner friday nights and watching the rest of the time. It gave me something to work for all week. It eventually got to where i could go out and eat whatever i wanted friday nights but noticed that i ouldnt eat all of my dinner so would eat half and take the other half to my dogs. I would still get my good foods i missed but wouldn't go to bad over my calories. It gets easier do it one step at a time.
  • fypspirit
    fypspirit Posts: 109 Member
    Options

Just an idea, good luck!

That is exactly what I have to do very good point. I have to workout on the weekends and leave my rest day through the week if I don't I will over eat and not exercise especially on Saturday's for some reason I guess cause it is the first day of the weekend and I am tired from the work week. But through the week we are so busy I have less time to eat.
  • monty619
    monty619 Posts: 1,308 Member
    Options
    find structure within your weekend just like a week, and you will be able to maintain goals... plan out your day.