ChaLean Extreme pros

Options
What equipment is needed? Weights or resistance bands? How much weight? I know it probably varies per person, but I am trying to figure out what I need before I decide.

Replies

• lisao62
    lisao62 Posts: 80 Member
    Options
    bump for later
  • twinmama1987
    twinmama1987 Posts: 566 Member
    Options
    any resistance bands. and you CAN use weighted gloves (1lb/each)
  • twinmama1987
    twinmama1987 Posts: 566 Member
    Options
    any resistance bands. and you CAN use weighted gloves (1lb/each)

woooops im thinking of turbofire!
  • tageekly
    tageekly Posts: 3,755 Member
    Options
    The videos show the bands and dumbbells, so you can use whatever you prefer. How much weight, if you're using dumbbells, is about your level. I'm about to start the Push phase and have found that 25 pounds is a good upper limit for me - but I hope to increase that as my strength grows.

I find that to keep my form proper, 10-15 pounds on the upper body exercises is my limit.

I started with 5 pound hand weights just to get the feel of the moves.
  • autumnk921
    autumnk921 Posts: 1,376 Member
    Options
    I am now on Week 3 & I love it...She has people on there who work with bands, light weights & heavier weights....She shows you how to get the best resistance with all different weights that you use...I would start out with 3, 5, 8lb weights or different resistance bands for starters if you are just now starting with lifting. It is worth the money if you want someone who shows you how to do weights with the correct form - This is why I bought it b/c I had my own routine but wasn't sure that I was doing it correctly & if I was doing what needed to be done to get the best results...This was less expensive than a personal trainer & gym - I love it....
  • SierraElegance
    SierraElegance Posts: 86 Member
    Options
    You can use resistance bands, but you really want to be able to increase your weights to always keep it challenging. I found the Select Tech dumbbells that Chalene uses on Craigslist for a great bargain. I was able to lift much heavier than I ever dreamed of, and that wouldn't have happened if I had stuck to a couple pairs of dumbbells. I was up to 30-45 lb. range! It's a great program, let me know if you need a coach. That's one of my favorites!
  • mrsladybrewer
    mrsladybrewer Posts: 70 Member
    Options
    I use weights. I have selectable type dumbbells and love them! I am in the Push phase and am using up to 25 right now, but I have a couple I will be upping to 30 next week. However, I have had days I didn't have access to my weights and used the bands. They work well, I just feel more awkward using them.
  • Papillon22
    Papillon22 Posts: 1,160 Member
    Options
    I used resistance bands because I couldn't afford weights. I bought a package with 6 different ones, so I could increase the resistance as needed, and I really like them.

I have regained the weight I had lost, but while I did the whole program, I lost 10 lbs and many inches. I highly recommend it.
  • SeaChirca
    Options
    I started the program with 5, 8, and 10 lb dumbbells, but they didn't offer enough of a challenge. I bought the Jillian Michaels adjustable 25 lb weights and they work much better. I like the BowFlex weights Chalene uses, but the JM ones are a lower price point.