Sugar addict!!! Need some help..

Options
Hey guys!! <3

I am new on here and have done great so far but today I am realllllyyyy wanting a candybar ....sugar seems to register to my brain "happy" feelings lol. I don't want to sound crazy but growing up my mom always made a dessert with our meals...sux for me now because I am paying for it....for some reason I crave sugar/desserts and it's getting worse this week now that I am eating right and continuing my workouts/and running...I need some help....I don't want to give in....I just know if I do I will go back in the habit of eating desserts/sugar foods ...pls help!! I am having withdrawls!!

Thanks!
Stephanie

Replies

• Tangerine302
    Tangerine302 Posts: 1,509 Member
    Options
    I'm one that likes something a little sweet after eating sometime too. Have you tried the Pure Protein bars? They have a smore flavor that I really like. It doesn't really taste like a smore, but it has chocolate and satisfies you. I guess what I'm saying is if you are going to have chocolate, why not have a bar that has a lot of protein in it. You get more protein for the day instead of just the sugar. :) I get them at Walmart.
  • Wclassystephanie
    Options
    SOUNDs GOOOOOD! But see I am pre diabetic...I cannot have any sugar...do these have sugar? If not soundsss goood!!!
  • monomyrmaad
    monomyrmaad Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    Stay strong. That is one thing that triggers for me. if I start eating sugar I can't stop. I really have to be careful. maybe fruit or a sugar free candy. Just to satisfy the taste.
  • Wclassystephanie
    Options
    you are so right~~ thank you!!!!
  • stronglikebull
    Options
    ok, so if you're pre-diabetic and you can't have any sugar, don't eat it. there's no room for you to "give in" or "slip up" or whatever. just don't eat it. problem solved.
  • michellekicks
    michellekicks Posts: 3,624 Member
    Options
    ok, so if you're pre-diabetic and you can't have any sugar, don't eat it. there's no room for you to "give in" or "slip up" or whatever. just don't eat it. problem solved.

Yep. This. Like someone with Celiac Disease avoiding gluten. It's necessary.