Advice please :-)

Options
Heya MFP'ers, just wondering if you guys could lend me some advice!

I haven't had the best week, and was 421 over my calorie goal (I'm set at 1710 p/d, currently). Today I am over by 310. Going by my weekly calorie goal, I can eat 1320 tomorrow.

Well, I could do that, but we are going to my Nana's for dinner tomorrow, so I really doubt it's possible. I will certainly try, and I can do that by limiting my portions but, well, I am open to the possibility I will be over again.

My question is; will this affect my weight loss at all? Does it mean by next Friday (weigh in day), I will have gained or just not lost as much, if at all?

Sorry if it sounds like such a newbie/ignorant question. I am just lacking in confidence right now as this Friday, I didn't lose anything despite having a 4572 deficit for the week :cry:

Thanks in advance :flowerforyou:

Replies

• _AllieCat_
    _AllieCat_ Posts: 515 Member
    Options
    If I were you I would work out a little extra in the next coming days and eat back about half of your exercise calories. As long as you make up for overeating within several days it's still going to count towards your weight loss.

You're on the right track, knowledge is everything. Keep up tracking those calories and just adjust them to fit your life, no biggie. :)
  • InnerFatGirl
    InnerFatGirl Posts: 2,687 Member
    Options
    If I were you I would work out a little extra in the next coming days and eat back about half of your exercise calories. As long as you make up for overeating within several days it's still going to count towards your weight loss.

You're on the right track, knowledge is everything. Keep up tracking those calories and just adjust them to fit your life, no biggie. :)

Does it sound pathetic if I say I have totally not felt like exercising for the past few weeks? :blushing: really feel like I can't be arsed, plus I'm so tired from work :blushing:

And thank you! I am def learning as I go along. I'm on week 8 and learning more and more each day.
  • InnerFatGirl
    Options
    Bump.
  • LizKurz
    LizKurz Posts: 340 Member
    Options
    If you're still in a deficit, you won't have gained. You can even eat maintenance cals and not gain.
  • InnerFatGirl
    Options
    If you're still in a deficit, you won't have gained. You can even eat maintenance cals and not gain.

Thanks hun x
  • emmalou2206
    emmalou2206 Posts: 109 Member
    Options
    I would drink lots of water, that always helps me the other day I slacked off on the water and my weight hadn't shifted then two days of drinking 7 pints of water a day and my scales have shifted by almost 3lbs.

You also mentioned a really big calorie deficit, I have always been told that you have to eat to lose weight. Maybe thats why you didn't lose anything

Enjoy your meal at your nana's house and do the best the rest of the week :)
  • InnerFatGirl
    Options
    I would drink lots of water, that always helps me the other day I slacked off on the water and my weight hadn't shifted then two days of drinking 7 pints of water a day and my scales have shifted by almost 3lbs.

You also mentioned a really big calorie deficit, I have always been told that you have to eat to lose weight. Maybe thats why you didn't lose anything

Enjoy your meal at your nana's house and do the best the rest of the week :)

My calorie deficit was for the week, hun. 3500 deficit a week should = 1lb lost, and I have just a bit over. It wasn't too big of a deficit.

The water is DEFINITELY something I need to drink more of. I don't drink nearly enough.

I did enjoy the meal, thank you :)