AWWWWWWWWesome job!
  • angel79202
    angel79202 Posts: 1,012 Member
    Options
    congrats hot mama!
  • tiffanyw5
    tiffanyw5 Posts: 152 Member
    Options
    ok i have been wanting to do one of these but dont know where to start do i have to do something to like train before i can do one or can i just go do one and what should i do before i do one and what shouldnt i do before one i really want to do one and i dont want to do it alone but then i also worrie that if i go with someone and they cant keep up with me do i have to slow down and stay with them or what if they go faster than i can go am i slowing them down so much is running in my head about going running errr help me please :)
  • LorinaLynn
    LorinaLynn Posts: 13,247 Member
    Options
    ok i have been wanting to do one of these but dont know where to start do i have to do something to like train before i can do one or can i just go do one and what should i do before i do one and what shouldnt i do before one i really want to do one and i dont want to do it alone but then i also worrie that if i go with someone and they cant keep up with me do i have to slow down and stay with them or what if they go faster than i can go am i slowing them down so much is running in my head about going running errr help me please :)

:laugh:

If you're able to run about three miles, go for it. If not, look into the Couch to 5k plan (www.c25k.com) to ease you into it.

My first few races, I ran with my brother and my niece. You don't have to stick together, but it's your first race and you're just looking to finish (and honestly, racing was more fun before I started wanting to win something), it's nice to have someone to talk to and to cheer each other on. Sometimes my brother and I would run together for the first half of the race, then whoever had more oomph left would pull ahead. (And try to catch up with his much faster daughter!)
  • Rachaelluvszipped
    Rachaelluvszipped Posts: 768 Member
    Options
    Wow, Lorinna!! Awesome job! That's amazing and sooo very motivating! Your posts/blogs are always great to read!:flowerforyou:
  • Cooriander
    Cooriander Posts: 2,848 Member
    Options
    Congrats!!! and time and placing!

I can relate some too - I am having a hard time with people passing me, and I am working on that. LOL. Trying to figure out what to think and keep on going. I will check out that song maybe that will help some!:happy: great inspiration!
  • Laoch_Cailin
    Laoch_Cailin Posts: 414 Member
    Options
    Yay glad you decided to go for it. Well done for winning in your group, you are so fast!!

And I take it that tattoo on the hubbys leg is you :wink:
  • pmkelly409
    pmkelly409 Posts: 1,653 Member
    Options
    Congrats!! I am not going to beat myself up for my 28:48 finish in my 5K yesterday, just tell kindly tell myself I need to work on my speed for my next race! Nice job speedy!!!!!!

For all of you who mentioned 'issues' with competing, placing, being passed, walking, etc.. Read "Running for Mortals"!! You will have a completely different mentality next time you run a race! Good Luck all!!
  • mrpurdy
    mrpurdy Posts: 262 Member
    Options
    Again, you are my hero! Way to go on the first place finish!

It does help to be the 31-year-old in my age bracket. :laugh:
  • theaimster30
    theaimster30 Posts: 63 Member
    Options
    I don't know which is better: your inspiring success or your sense of humor. I love reading your posts. Keep 'em coming!!
  • soccermum75
    soccermum75 Posts: 588 Member
    Options
    Love it! You are too funny and a real champ! So will you get your prize?
  • LorinaLynn
    Options
    I sent an email to the race director, but haven't heard back yet. I hope they can mail it, or I can pick it up or something.
  • Shizzman
    Shizzman Posts: 527 Member
    Options
    Way to rock LorinaLynn! That's awesome! Great time and WINNING!!! =D ^____________________^
  • tiffanyw5
    Options
    ah ok thank you so much i will look into it now its just talking someone into going with me also should i worry about what i wear?
  • tiffanyw5
    Options

:laugh:

If you're able to run about three miles, go for it. If not, look into the Couch to 5k plan (www.c25k.com) to ease you into it.

My first few races, I ran with my brother and my niece. You don't have to stick together, but it's your first race and you're just looking to finish (and honestly, racing was more fun before I started wanting to win something), it's nice to have someone to talk to and to cheer each other on. Sometimes my brother and I would run together for the first half of the race, then whoever had more oomph left would pull ahead. (And try to catch up with his much faster daughter!)

ah ok thank you so much i will look into it now its just talking someone into going with me also should i worry about what i wear?
  • LorinaLynn
    Options

Wear what you're comfortable running in... and dress as if it's 15-20 degrees warmer. I'm comfortable in shorts and a tee if it's above 50F.
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!