Quick breakfast ideas.

Options
What are some healthy breakfast ideas that are relatively quick?
I don't usually eat breakfast and haven't since i was around 11. So i need to get back to eating it.
Thankyou!

Replies

• anunknownmouse
    Options
    Greek yogurt mixed with some cereal. Delicious and takes like 2 seconds.
  • Pintsiz3
    Pintsiz3 Posts: 14
    Options
    Thanks alot !
  • 75Juniper
    75Juniper Posts: 376
    Options
    I usually prep my breakfast the night before so I can grab it and go.

My favorites:
    Wraps with eggs or deli meat and a little cheese
    Cottage cheese and fruit
    Instant oatmeal packet and a couple of hardboiled eggs
    String cheese and cut up raw veggies
    Apple with peanut butter.
  • rachmaree
    rachmaree Posts: 782 Member
    Options
    why do you think you need to eat breakfast? If you get your calories in throughout the day, no problem with skipping breakfast. Some of my most successful friends on here don't eat breakfast.

Quick breakfast ideas-
    protein shakes
    boiled eggs/ omlettes
    oatmeal
    toasted sandwich
    muffins (lots of healthy recipes)
    protein bars
  • omanitshann
    omanitshann Posts: 179
    Options
    Oatmeal with raisins
  • DannyMussels
    DannyMussels Posts: 1,842 Member
    Options
    Some days I make my steel cut oats the night before, shut them off and leave it on the stove til morning.

Or I'll blend 4-5 things up, and in >5 mins I can have a pretty healthy smoothie.
  • Kenzieb07
    Kenzieb07 Posts: 207 Member
    Options
    I make breakfast burritos that are surprisingly quick, and healthy (mine are 180cals per burrito).

1 medium low-fat flour tortilla
    2 slices extra-lean turkey bacon
    1/2 cup fat-free liquid egg substitute
    1 slice fat-free American cheese

Cook bacon according to package directions, set aside
    Pour egg substitute into pan spritzed w/ nonstick spray and scramble over medium heat until fluffy and solid
    Heat tortilla in microwave until warm; place cheese in the center of the tortilla and top w/ eggs and bacon!
    You can re-warm the entire burrito at this point if necessary.

Sometimes I'll dip mine in salsa -- excellent!!! Takes me about 5 mins to make one of these, and it tastes like I'm cheating :)
  • Pintsiz3
    Options
    Because that is my downfall. I get hungry around mid morning through not eating breakfast and i tend to snack, and as i can't eat breakfast as i'm working i pick at little bits that are a bad choice aha.
  • sarahball386
    Options
    I am a high school teacher so I have to eat breakfast or will just be useless for my students. I typically grab an equate (Walmart) brand “slimfast” shake. It’s only 180 calories and it holds me over until lunch. Plus you can't beat the chocolate taste!!
  • kaetra
    kaetra Posts: 442 Member
    Options
    Peanut butter and banana
    Greek yogurt and fresh fruit
    Chocolate protein powder mixed in low fat milk
    Egg, low sodium ham and whole grain toast
    High protein/high fiber cereal in low fat milk
    Hummus on Wasa crispbread or veggies
    Small homemade pumpkin muffin (made ahead) with low fat cream cheese
    Deviled eggs and sweet pepper strips
  • Pintsiz3
    Options
    Thanks everyone!
  • oilphins
    oilphins Posts: 240 Member
    Options
    Hey Piny,
    Whatever you do, do NOT listen to rachmaree. Breakfast is the most important meal of the day. Breakfast is what gives you your energy throughout the day. If you are ever going to skip a meal for whatever reason, DON'T skip breakfast. Skipping breakfast can actually slow down your metabolism. Your body needs fuel like carbs and protein. Believe it or not skipping breakfast on a regular basis can actually make you gain weight over time because your body goes into whats called starvation mode and you will end up being more hungry later in the day. Try some instant oatmeal which only takes a few minutes to boil some water and a banana with it as well for something quick. This should tie you over till lunch.
  • cfriend71
    cfriend71 Posts: 207 Member
    Options
    why do you think you need to eat breakfast? If you get your calories in throughout the day, no problem with skipping breakfast. Some of my most successful friends on here don't eat breakfast.

Quick breakfast ideas-
    protein shakes
    boiled eggs/ omlettes
    oatmeal
    toasted sandwich
    protein bars

"Some of my most successful friends on here don't eat breakfast."

Really? I have always heard you should eat breakfast because it wakes up your metabolism in the morning. I could be wrong but I always thought that was the truth??
  • mathjulz
    mathjulz Posts: 5,514 Member
    Options
    Because that is my downfall. I get hungry around mid morning through not eating breakfast and i tend to snack, and as i can't eat breakfast as i'm working i pick at little bits that are a bad choice aha.

Kudos to you for recognizing the problem and taking steps to fix it!

A bowl of whole grain cereal with skim milk is pretty quick and easy. I like frosted mini wheats, lots of fiber so it fills me up, and just a bit of sugar to satisfy that sweet tooth.

A boiled egg and slice of whole wheat bread (or whole grain tortilla) is good.

Instant oatmeal is another favorite of mine.
  • sisierra
    sisierra Posts: 707 Member
    Options
    Scramble an egg and 2 egg whites, sprinkle some cheese on it, put it in a tortilla with some slices of tomato on top, roll it up and enjoy!

Beat a whole egg and an egg white or two in a styrofoam cup and pop it in the microwave for about a minute, again top with cheese and get a spoon and dig it! OR do the same but in a bowl and after about 70s (and cheese sprinkling) it'll have a nice flat circular shape thats perfect for bread.

I'm also a fan of instant oatmeal and hard-boiled eggs

Or a protein shake =) with fruit on the side
  • munichmangler
    munichmangler Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    I think it's great that you are trying to get back into eating breakfast. It is the most important meal of the day. Your body runs on empty in the morning as your dinner has been digested. So your blood sugar levels will be low too and that leads to snacking on the "quick fix" foods (choc, biscuits, high-sugar/high-fat foods) which only give you a short spike of very high blood sugar levels before they crash again.

I love bran flakes (30g) with 5g each of roasted chopped hazelnuts, roasted flaked almonds, sunflower seeds and pumpkin seeds, and 125ml semi-skimmed milk. I normally add a little sweetener to it and occasionally some cinnamon or some choc powder for flavour variations.

I usually prepare the dry ingredients in the evening (takes 2 minutes) and add the milk in the morning. Job done.
  • kbogart1996
    kbogart1996 Posts: 55 Member
    Options
    I have been doing a protein drink after I exercise in morning
  • knittnponder
    knittnponder Posts: 1,954 Member
    Options
    I make a frittata then throw it in the fridge to eat as needed. I bake mine in a 9x13 pan and just cut squares and nuke them. It's pretty simple, just some eggs and milk and the rest is up to you. I usually do some meat (sausage, ham, left over chicken or turkey, whatever I have really), some cheese (grated) and I like to throw different veggies in depending on the taste I'm going for (peppers, zucchini, broccoli, onion (saute a little first), mushrooms, etc) You can also do black beans, salsa, cheese and maybe some hot sauce for a more southwestern flavor. It's pretty easy to change up so even though we eat it often we don't get bored. Works great for our busy family's early morning rushes.
  • oilphins
    Options

Quick breakfast ideas-
    protein shakes
    boiled eggs/ omlettes
    oatmeal
    toasted sandwich
    protein bars
  • oilphins
    Options
    Piny,
    Do not do this. This is the most ridiculous thing I've ever read. My brother in law has won bodybuilding competitions and I know several personal trainers who always say NEVER EVER skip breakfast. Good luck to you and please make time for breakfast.