Any women out there with PCOS?

Options
I have a hospital apt for a scan of my ovaries soon my doctor thinks i have it due to me being overweight. i'm only 24 so as you can understand im worried when diagnosed i could be told i cannot have children? I am going to loose weight for good and i really hope i can have children in the future.

Just want to see if anyone else is suffering from the same. need a friend :)

Replies

• LoveActually
    LoveActually Posts: 177 Member
    Options
    I don't have it but if you're unable to find anyone who can relate on here, there is a support group on FB for it. Just search "PCOS". I wish you the best of luck at your appointment and hope the scan comes back clear.
  • Jennaannwatts
    Options
    Thanks for your help Love xx
  • c_bruna07
    c_bruna07 Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    i was diagnosed in October with it. =/ i have also been diagnosed with Infertility. So the weight loss is incredibly necessary at this point, not just for my vanity, but for my health. You can add me if you like =)
  • PrizePopple
    PrizePopple Posts: 3,133 Member
    Options
    I may have PCOS. I had my blood draws this past Friday and I go back to the doctor in 2 weeks to talk about the results. Based on my weight, cycle history, and family history with thyroid and diabetes it seems like he's leaning towards PCOS right now. It's just one more slap in the face for me health wise, and I HAVE to change myself if I plan on living to see my kids grow up and have children of their own.
  • Jennaannwatts
    Options
    i have to be motivated too.. we can do this girls!! xx