Looking for Encouragement! : )

Options
CDCO
CDCO Posts: 14 Member
Hey MFP Family!

I'll make this quick. I'm new to MFP and need encouragement! I've struggled with weight my entire life and have finally been able to get motivated again recently to make significant changes

Goals: 100+ pound weight loss within a year, work-out at least 5 times a week for minimum of 30 minutes.

For more detailed info please check out my profile.

Please add me as a friend. I am more than happy to keep you encouraged too.

Replies

• Aquaduckie
    Aquaduckie Posts: 115
    Options
    Welcome! I'm new, too! I'd be happy to add you. I have 65 pounds to lose and have similar goals to you.. work out 5 times a week for at least 30 minutes, I'm just hoping to drop my weight by the end of this year! I've been here for less than a week and I'm already down 2 pounds! It's a start! Good luck with your weight loss journey! Let's encourage each other!
  • thewaytosucceed
    Options
    Hi, I have been using this site for a couple months. It is really easy to use for recording personal tracking information. I don't know how to add people as friends except to use a regular email address for them. I will try to find out. It really helps to have someone "keeping an eye" on you, the decision to eat that piece of cake is easier to make if I think so & so will wonder what I did to add a pound instead of lose it. Good Luck! Take it 1 day at a time.
  • CstarL
    CstarL Posts: 1
    Options
    Hi am new. I have about 40 pounds to lose. I am going to exercise three or four times a week. I have a route to walk that is 3.6 miles on e way and 7.2 round trip. I have a hard time keeping it up and not making excuses. My route is up and down some hills. I am hoping I can stay Constance with this site. I am having things posted on my face book account, I am doing this so people can see I am working out and trying to lose the weight.
  • CDCO
    Options
    Aquaduckie--Thanks for the add! I know I won't reach my goal by the end of the year, but hopefully within 365 days. Let's keep each other encouraged!

Thewaytosucceed--Thanks for the comment and the encouragement. I know how to send you a friend request. Look for one from me shortly.

CstarL--You are so brave! I can't say that I'm brave enough yet to have the info posted to Facebook... but hopefully I'll get there. Look for an add from me!
  • Jennifer873
    Options
    I'm looking for some Encouragemet as well. I've been here for a while but fell off track.
    I am planning to exercise 30mins a day and cut back on the sweets and pizza. We can do this!
  • CDCO
    Options
    I'm looking for some Encouragemet as well. I've been here for a while but fell off track.
    I am planning to exercise 30mins a day and cut back on the sweets and pizza. We can do this!

We sure can!!! I can't say that I've been eating well since I've started, but I am eating less, which is a start. Let's do this!
  • mishamae
    mishamae Posts: 307 Member
    Options
    Best of luck hun! I sent you a friend request :) The more support the better we will do. I've found that mfp friends really do help motivate and encourage me to exercise and keep my food diary clean.
  • nomorewishing
    nomorewishing Posts: 250 Member
    Options
    Hi, feel free to add me! I have about 149 lbs. that I want to lose.
  • CDCO
    Options
    Best of luck hun! I sent you a friend request :) The more support the better we will do. I've found that mfp friends really do help motivate and encourage me to exercise and keep my food diary clean.

Thanks Misshame!
  • emmalou2206
    emmalou2206 Posts: 109 Member
    Options
    Hi and welcome

Friend request coming your way :)
  • tpredovic
    tpredovic Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    Hi CDCO,

I'm not new to MFP but I am new to getting back on track and embracing the use of the site and it's community fully to help keep me on track and working towards my goals. I saw on your profile that you are "sick and tired of being sick and tired" and I can't believe how many times I've used that phrase in my own life. I want to be healthy and lead a healthier lifestyle. I'm looking for any encouragement buddies to help keep me going and vice versa. I know from experience that having the right people motivating you can work wonders for helping to motivate your inner voice. My goal this week is to complete at LEAST 3 days/30min. of exercise and to track my food habits in a journal. So if you want some encouragement, I'd be happy to help and would appreciate the same.