Insanity workout

Options
Are there any females doing the insanity workout out there or have completed it? I was wondering if you lost any inches off of your thighs and calves? I don't want mine to bulk up and be all muscle, I'm trying to lose some weight in those areas.

Replies

• Marianeyda
    Marianeyda Posts: 60 Member
    Options
    YES..IN THE FIRST WEEK I LOST 14 INCHES...IN THE PAST 5 WEEKS I HAVE LOST 4 POUNDS ITS ABOUT 1 POUND A WEEK...AND I CAN SEE IT ON MY THIGHS
  • SeeEmRun2012
    Options
    YES! I'm 130lbs and trying to get down to 122lbs 5'3" so it's super hard for me to loose but this workout had me noticeably tighter and loosing the extra "baggage" around my thighs. I made the fatal mistake of gaining it all back but I just started another round this week. I'm doing insanity 3x a week and weight lifting the other days...it's really working for me. Good Luck!!
  • vahine03
    vahine03 Posts: 214 Member
    Options
    I hear it doesn't really bulk you up since you're just usin your own body as weight?

Well, my SIL has it and we're planning on doin this every morning, hopefully at 5am. Problem is where? There are more than just the two of us and none of us have a home that can fit everyone. I know that's our own problem to solve. :)

Anyways, from what i've seen by people who were doin insanity, their bodies were lookin better. Toned rather than bulky.
  • mlts10
    mlts10 Posts: 32
    Options
    You really don't need that much room believe it or not. I have a cramped living room and I have enough space to do it in. Good luck!
  • vahine03
    vahine03 Posts: 214 Member
    Options
    There's like 36 sq ft of free space in my sister's apartment (the home that can provide the most space by far). There are about 6 of us all together at the moment. Each of us ranging in height of 5'6-5'11. Would we be able to work closely together in the amount space given? I take it that we'll be skin to skin. It's a small apartment, so moving furniture around would be hard to work with. I can only think of one place. It's a dance studio within the old gym of the university here. It's costly to use it for just an hour. If us sibs can figure out what to do, that would be awesome. :p I wanna get started asap. Thanks for the wishful good luck. :D
  • Molly182
    Molly182 Posts: 406
    Options
    Tomorrow I'm returning p90x, and might do insanity
  • mlts10
    Options
    That's crazy to do both! I can barely keep up with Insanity!!! Good Luck!
  • mlts10
    Options
    Everyone who has done or is doing insanity have you or are you following the meal plan as well?
  • Carolw12
    Carolw12 Posts: 36 Member
    Options
    I am currently doing the insanity workout and I swear my clothes felt looser right away. Its very tough and some of the exercises I can't do but I do my best and I think it works but you have to keep at it. Good luck!
  • michellekicks
    michellekicks Posts: 3,624 Member
    Options
    I do Insanity but only when I can't get out for a run or a class... it won't ever bulk you up. If you lose so much fat that you get ripped you may appear bulked up if you already have solid muscles, but you won't grow your muscles much doing it. It's all cardio. If you want to get more muscular, do P90X.