NSV - I'm a runner?

Options
A couple of comments from strangers in the past few weeks have really boosted my motivation:

1) At a doctor appointment, the nurse took my vitals and said, "You have the heart rate of a runner." I said, "Funny you should mention that because I'm training for my 6th half marathon and hope to do a full some day."

2) A mom at my son's soccer game said, "You're quite the runner." When I asked how she came to that conclusion, she said, "I see you running down Driscoll Blvd all the time."

I really needed to hear things like that because it motivates me to keep on going. I've lost 58 pounds, but the closer I get to my goal the slower the pounds are coming off.

Replies

• NaomiWhite77
    NaomiWhite77 Posts: 238 Member
    Options
    like.... great job!!!
  • Melanie_RS
    Melanie_RS Posts: 417 Member
    Options
    Yeah, you ARE a runner!!! All those half marathons....that's not just a runner but a RUNNER!!!
  • liog
    liog Posts: 347 Member
    Options
    Way to go!
  • dvisser1
    dvisser1 Posts: 788 Member
    Options
    That's awesome!
  • gogojodee
    gogojodee Posts: 1,261 Member
    Options
    From one runner to another, that's fab! I loved the nurse's comment! Would love that compliment for myself! :bigsmile:
  • lbmore33
    lbmore33 Posts: 1,013 Member
    Options
    keep it up from 1 runner to another...6 half marathons...what is the hold up...time for the whole 26.2 marathon...you can do it.

2 marathons
    1 half marathon.................
  • TrekkieChic
    TrekkieChic Posts: 109 Member
    Options
    AWESOME!

I'll be happy the day I can actually run a 5km, so I can't imagine how amazing that must feel.

Well done! I look forward to hearing that you've done a FULL MARATHON!
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!