Curves Circuit

Options
So my fitness pal says that doing 30mins of curves circuit burns around 160 cals, but i feel like when i workout i burn more than that.. i always jog on the recovery boards and i put lots of effort into the machines.. is that all i really burn doing the circuit??? or is that if you were doing it at the minimum effort??

Replies

• mmstgr
    mmstgr Posts: 578 Member
    Options
    It can really only give you a rough estimate with the numbers you provide.
    A heart rate monitor might be a good investment if you need better accuracy :)
  • SkrillexAsh
    SkrillexAsh Posts: 20 Member
    Options
    Okay, yeah i could try that.. throughout the circuit they make you stop twice for ten seconds to check your heart rate, and mine is usually always in the 80% range which is good.. but i just have no idea how many calories i'm actually burning.. and a heart rate monitor tell you that??
  • htmlgirl
    htmlgirl Posts: 314 Member
    Options
    Okay, yeah i could try that.. throughout the circuit they make you stop twice for ten seconds to check your heart rate, and mine is usually always in the 80% range which is good.. but i just have no idea how many calories i'm actually burning.. and a heart rate monitor tell you that??

Yes a heart rate monitor tells you how many calories you burnt as well as other info (mine shows max heart rate, how many cals were burned in the "fat burning zone", and other things). Get one with a chest strap.