Zumba

Options
Hey does anyone here do Zumba on the Wii or playstation?? I just ordered it for my wii system and im wondering if its just has effective as going to the class if i put the same energy into it etc? Reason i ordered it is cus i loved the one class I did and it was a great workout...sadly the lady who did the class doesnt live here so it wont be a regular thing.

Replies

• NinjaChickie
    NinjaChickie Posts: 118 Member
    Options
    I have Zumba2 for my Wii, I've been using it on & off since Christmas. I love it.
    Tonight I did my first actual class. I gotta say I loved the class more, all the energy & people really made it more fun.

As far as comparing workouts.. I think if you put the same intensity into the game as the glass you'll get the same work out :)
  • willis84
    willis84 Posts: 86 Member
    Options
    I've done both kinect 360 Zumba and going to an actual class. I much prefer going to class over watching a screen. But it nice to have it on lazy days when you don't feel like making it to the gym or don't have the time.
    My Zumba class turns off the lights an has a colorful rotating ceiling light on :)
  • NinjaChickie
    Options
    The class I was at had black lights so the neon clothes stood out. I felt so boring in my black capris and black tank. Such a great environment. Think I'm going to find some cheap twirly light for home so I can turn out the lights and try to reproduce the effect. hahaha.
  • Naybelline
    Naybelline Posts: 407 Member
    Options
    I love it, I do Zumba on the Xbox.
  • spartymama
    Options
    I don't have Wii Zumba but I have the Zumba videos and I regularly go to a class. I think I get a better workout when I'm in class because the other people and the instructor push me and give me more energy. But, I use the videos a lot when I can't make it to class and I definitely feel like I'm getting a good burn when I do them. My advice would be to keep doing the Wii and improving your moves and find a class too!
  • jboccio90
    jboccio90 Posts: 644 Member
    Options
    I use the wii zumba 2 and love it!
    It a lot of fun and I sweat a ton.
    I have never taken a real class so i don't have that to compare it to, but you get what you put in it.
  • mrsmel55
    mrsmel55 Posts: 168
    Options
    I have Zumba 2 for the Wii...I love it! I am too old and chunky (right now) to do that in public. But I do enjoy it, and I get up early to start my day dancing and sweating. I find myself humming the songs and have done a step or two in my office when no one is looking! I really like that it tracks your time and calories burned so I know exactly what to enter for my exercise!
  • mellie2603
    mellie2603 Posts: 23 Member
    Options
    I have Zumba for the Kinect and love it! I also have the Zumba Fitness DVD's but the game has a much bigger variety of routines and length of routine. I also love that I can work at it and try to beat my score from the last workout! Just recently passed the 80% Mark for a 5 song routine!
  • chell53
    chell53 Posts: 356 Member
    Options
    Have Zumba DVD's, also have for the Wii, and do classes.............

I use the DVD when I don't have time to go to class or if they cancel it for some reason, the one for the Wii I used once I was not crazy about it......now the classes are much more fun and if you have a good instructor then it is much more enjoyable and talking to the other people is good and a good motovator.
  • chell53
    chell53 Posts: 356 Member
    Options
    I have Zumba 2 for the Wii...I love it! I am too old and chunky (right now) to do that in public. But I do enjoy it, and I get up early to start my day dancing and sweating. I find myself humming the songs and have done a step or two in my office when no one is looking! I really like that it tracks your time and calories burned so I know exactly what to enter for my exercise!

your not old or chunky to do this in public, in my class we have a few older ladies and some not real thin or slim......go do a class you will love it...........some of us just have x-tra cushion.......lol
  • editnonnalynn
    editnonnalynn Posts: 495 Member
    Options
    youtube!!!!!!!!!!!! tons of zumba!
  • kimanne4
    kimanne4 Posts: 52 Member
    Options
    I've used the XBox game but I like the songs that my instructor uses in class better. She even takes requests! For those of you who are shy about the classes please go and try one! I'm not thin by any stretch but no one cares in the classes. It really is like a huge party!
  • focus4fitness
    focus4fitness Posts: 551 Member
    Options
    lol I did it last night, and I have to say, I am really bad so far.

2 left feet. :sad:
  • mellie2603
    mellie2603 Posts: 23 Member
    Options
    @focus4fitness

Stick with it, it gets easier!
  • pduckworth
    pduckworth Posts: 133
    Options
    I really enjoy actual classes over my Zumba for Kinect because of the songs. The instructor uses modern songs that are on the radio, so it's really fun to dance to things that I know (and that are in English!). Either way though, I get my butt kicked in both. Did 40 minutes of Zumba for Kinect and burned about 400cals according to my HRM.
  • Watchmeshrink21
    Watchmeshrink21 Posts: 69 Member
    Options
    I have the dvd and i go to zumba classes i perfer class the teacher is sooo live and push us plus we have water zumba!
  • focus4fitness
    Options
    @focus4fitness

Stick with it, it gets easier!

Thanks!

I also sort of wish I wouldn't have given up on my spanish classes. I would love to know what they're singing about lol
  • focus4fitness
    Options
    BTW My sons old band instructor lost massive weight by including Zumba into his exercise plan and went from very obese to super fit and now teaches zumba too!!
  • NinjaChickie
    Options
    I also sort of wish I wouldn't have given up on my spanish classes. I would love to know what they're singing about lol

^^ me too.