VANCOUVER AND TORONTO HELP :)

Options
Margentine
Margentine Posts: 113 Member
Hi !
I will be travelling to Canada in a few weeks , One of my stops is at Vancouver for 20hours , I will be in Toronto for 9 hrsI plan on doing a little site seeing or something interesting during that time.

Anything close to the airport that I can visit ?
Anyplaces where I could tell a Cab to take me that are not too far o won't cost much to get there?

Any tips are welcome ! Thank you !

Replies

• micwik
    micwik Posts: 23 Member
    Options
    Vancouver has a new(ish) transit line called the Canada Line. It has a train that goes from the Airport to the downtown area (you could get off at either Granville or Waterfront Station. You would be downtown in about 30/40 minutes tops.

There is a bus at the Waterfront Station that would take you to Granville Island, which has a great public market.

Also the Olympic Torch is nice to see .... located right downtown on Cardova Street.
  • SimplyArij
    SimplyArij Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    If you're landing in Pearson airport, there's little to see just around it. It's in an Industrial area.

But if you want to venture downtown, there is a bus (I believe it's 192) that goes from the airport to the subway line (Kipling subway station). From there it's a straight ride to the heart of the city. The trip will take about an hour each way and is pretty cheap ( a few dollars). A cab ride will cost you >$45.

If you're downtown then there's plenty to see and do depending on what interests you: CN Tower, Museums, Distillery District etc.. High Park is also very pretty. It's in the West of the city at High Park subway station.

Hope the weather cooperates with you! Good luck with your trip!!