Hair advice, please!

Options
Recently I've been noticing people with bangs all the time and thinking about how much I like them. I used to have bangs and I think they look kind of innocent and clean cut, which works with my personality. I've been considering getting bangs again.

Here's what they looked like when I had them when I was younger:
(You can't see the whole image, so copy and paste this: http://i34.photobucket.com/albums/d107/bethybeth/bangs1.jpg)
bangs1.jpg

For reference, here's what I look like now.
twitter07_300.jpg

If I do get them, should I get them before my wedding which is coming up in a few weeks?

Replies

• holycabbage
    Options
    i think you're one of the rare people who look equally as good with bangs as without them.

personally, as someone who's had bangs basically since i've had enough hair for them, i would suggest you get bangs - you seem to want them, they're very fashionable at the moment, and they do look good on you. however, i'd probably wait 'til after the wedding. hair sans bangs has more versatility for fancy updos and the like.

congrats on your engagement! (:
  • trekkiebeth
    trekkiebeth Posts: 172
    Options
    i think you're one of the rare people who look equally as good with bangs as without them.

That's really good to know!

I actually don't like updos so I'm just going to be wearing my hair down with a fancy looking headband.
  • Ttopeka
    Ttopeka Posts: 160
    Options
    While I think you can pull off the bangs, I definitely prefer you without them. I think they make you look a bit too young.

If you're really keen on them, I'd at least wait until after the wedding. I'd hate to see you cut them, then for whatever reason not like how they come out. It'd be terrible to not like your hair on your wedding day!
  • Laura_Suzie
    Laura_Suzie Posts: 1,288 Member
    Options
    I would wait until after the wedding and I would get sideswept bangs instead of blunt, straight across bangs.
  • dictations
    dictations Posts: 199
    Options
    In the mean time, if you choose not to get the bangs (though you look really sweet and innocent with them), you get always get those clip-in bangs if you wanted to.
  • Bucky83
    Bucky83 Posts: 1,194 Member
    Options
    I don't know if you've heard about them, but you can actually find 'clip on' bangs! I was watching an episode of Ellen Degeneres and one of her guests (I'm not sure who, but I want to say Kristin Chenoweth) was saying that she is currently wearing a clip on bangs. It's worth investigating if you want versatility with hairstyles!
  • trekkiebeth
    Options
    While I think you can pull off the bangs, I definitely prefer you without them. I think they make you look a bit too young.

If you're really keen on them, I'd at least wait until after the wedding. I'd hate to see you cut them, then for whatever reason not like how they come out. It'd be terrible to not like your hair on your wedding day!

I agree, it would be a bit risky to cut them before my wedding day. I think I might like it better, but I'm reluctant to take the risk. I wouldn't mind looking a bit younger, though. I was only 19 when the pictures of me with bangs were taken (I'm 25 now), so that would also be part of why I look so much younger.
  • TanyaCurtis
    TanyaCurtis Posts: 630
    Options
    U look Great with bangs! U should just cut very little, and side sweep them, and not to short, like past ur eye:)
  • trekkiebeth
    Options
    I know it's risky to get a new hair style right before a big event, but I'm concerned that I might like how I look with bangs better and I'll regret not cutting them before the wedding. But I guess it would just be taking too much of a chance.
  • cestevam
    cestevam Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    If you envision yourself with the bangs, get them!! I think brides with bangs look stunning. I'm also planning for my wedding. Unfortunately, I do not look good with those types of bangs...I go with the side swept sorta longish bangs. Especially with a beautiful head band! It would be perfect!
  • iwantahealthierme13
    iwantahealthierme13 Posts: 337 Member
    Options
    You look awesome with the bangs.