The 30 years and older Blues!!

Options
I'm losing the weight but at a slower pace now that I'm 32..a couple of years ago I lost 40 lbs in 8 months (no Fad diet--doing the same thing I'm doing now--- diet and exercise)!!
Now one mistake or bad day results in 2 steps backwards----:ohwell:
I'm not giving up..just looking for a little motivation!!

Anyone else experiencing slower weight loss now that you're in your dirty 30's?? How are you adjusting?

Replies

• katkins3
    katkins3 Posts: 1,360 Member
    Options
    Try twice 30!
    I'll be 62 next month. We can't change our age, but we can still kick butt and lose weight with MFP.
    Good Luck and look on the bright side.
  • michellekicks
    michellekicks Posts: 3,624 Member
    Options
    lol yeah... I lost over 50 lbs in 2002/03 using Weight Watchers and the first 30+ lbs just fell off. I was 27 when I started. Now at almost 37 and after two kids I've lost 15 lbs since January... but I feel awesome and I'm going to keep it up. I would like to lose another 20-25 lbs or so. My sights are set high, though... I want to roll into my 40s in the best shape of my life :D
  • LovelyLibra79
    LovelyLibra79 Posts: 569 Member
    Options
    lol yeah... I lost over 50 lbs in 2002/03 using Weight Watchers and the first 30+ lbs just fell off. I was 27 when I started. Now at almost 37 and after two kids I've lost 15 lbs since January... but I feel awesome and I'm going to keep it up. I would like to lose another 20-25 lbs or so. My sights are set high, though... I want to roll into my 40s in the best shape of my life :D

Sounds like my story! My goals are set..i just had to extend them out a little further,...:flowerforyou:
  • LovelyLibra79
    Options
    Try twice 30!
    I'll be 62 next month. We can't change our age, but we can still kick butt and lose weight with MFP.
    Good Luck and look on the bright side.

Wow you inspire me! MFP has changed my life! love it
  • kazzari
    kazzari Posts: 473 Member
    Options
    It has never been easy to lose weight and I've been at it for nearly 40 years. It doesn't seem any more difficult even as I approach menopause.
  • glenbabe
    glenbabe Posts: 303 Member
    Options
    everyday in everyway I just get better and better.....smaller steps allows you the time to be more determined and to adjust your lifestyle I totally agree with your thoughts about it being slower now I am older but as this is forever for me whats my hurry ....on my last stone now ....I am kicking *kitten*:wink::laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:
  • shaycat
    shaycat Posts: 980
    Options
    I'm losing the weight but at a slower pace now that I'm 32..a couple of years ago I lost 40 lbs in 8 months (no Fad diet--doing the same thing I'm doing now--- diet and exercise)!!

Anyone else experiencing slower weight loss now that you're in your dirty 30's?? How are you adjusting?

I could have written this just now! Seems I cant go over my calories one day without gaining! I really want to lose 5lbs but it almost seems impossible. I am not adjusting very well. I am pretty sad about it.
  • mountainmare
    mountainmare Posts: 294 Member
    Options
    Another twice thirty joining in (62) For my 60th birthday I wanted a Polar HRM--last Christmas I asked for new running shoes.
    Like fine wine--better with age!!!
    Just think--you have 30 more years to practice getting as fabulous as we are!!!
    On my 60th birthday I was in the best shape of my life--and now I can even do real push-ups.
  • LovelyLibra79
    Options
    everyday in everyway I just get better and better.....smaller steps allows you the time to be more determined and to adjust your lifestyle I totally agree with your thoughts about it being slower now I am older but as this is forever for me whats my hurry ....on my last stone now ....I am kicking *kitten*:wink::laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

Wow you are kicking *kitten*! Congrats on your slow so far! I agree--some things do get better with age--I'm learning how to adjust to the slower metabolism...refuse to try any supplements
  • LovelyLibra79
    Options

I could have written this just now! Seems I cant go over my calories one day without gaining! I really want to lose 5lbs but it almost seems impossible. I am not adjusting very well. I am pretty sad about it.

Shay---I'm totally with you...I'm busting my "you know whats" every day almost either at the gym..or at home and the weight is sticking to me like glue..the scale eventually moves but BOY do I pay the price 1st!
  • trmecham
    trmecham Posts: 53
    Options
    I'm 44 and I've lost 17lbs since Jan 1. I thought I'd lose 15 lbs the first month. Oh well, looks like I'm a tortoise and not a hare now. But if memory serves me right, I win the race this time.
  • ka97
    ka97 Posts: 1,984 Member
    Options
    I started in my 30's, so can't say the age thing has made any difference for me. But I do no, the closer I get to my newly defined goal weight, the harder it is to get there. Trying to get down 5lbs now, and I'm always hungry. Biggest thing that has helped with the last 15 or so, is changing up my exercise routine. Can be stuck in a plateau for months, then change or add in a new workout and suddenly lose a few pounds.
  • jbakerak
    jbakerak Posts: 76
    Options
    I could lose weight much faster when I was younger. Needed to lose 5 lbs real quick, no problem. Got over weight after being married, lost over 45 lbs in about 3 months. Gained some back, only had about 17-18 lbs to lose, been at it since January and still have 13 more to go. I have been working harder than I did before, and am literally crawling towards my goal lol! But I'm not going to be discouraged, it'll take time. And I'll probably be more aware of the changes I need to keep in my life remembering how much harder it is to get in shape now.
  • glenbabe
    glenbabe Posts: 303 Member
    Options

Wow you are kicking *kitten*! Congrats on your slow so far! I agree--some things do get better with age--I'm learning how to adjust to the slower metabolism...refuse to try any supplements

SAY NO TO SUPPLEMENTS.....GO O NATURELLE....CHEW BUT DONT SWALLOW :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:
  • shaycat
    shaycat Posts: 980
    Options

Shay---I'm totally with you...I'm busting my "you know whats" every day almost either at the gym..or at home and the weight is sticking to me like glue..the scale eventually moves but BOY do I pay the price 1st!

Staring tomorrow I am back on track and going to eat right darn it! I workout so hard to hard to be unhappy with myself. I am going to stop the bad eating and going over!
  • jjr207
    jjr207 Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    I know what you mean! I'm 39 and none of the easy fixes that produced dramatic results when I was younger work anymore. I am trying not to hold myself to those old expectations anymore. I have a 2.5 year old and a 1 year old and my freetime and my energy are no where near what they used to be. I feel like I have to push myself 500% harder now!
  • SinCity2003
    SinCity2003 Posts: 163 Member
    Options
    Yep...I lost 91 pounds in 8 months doing WW in 2001/2002 and I'm following the same plan now and it's soooo slow going. I'll be 33 in June and I keep hearing age does make a difference, but I get so frustrated!
  • LovelyLibra79
    Options
    @ Ka97--I changed my exercise pattern, I added more cardio and joined the gym..started seeing the numbers fall..now they are slowing up again :(
    @ Jbakerah--I'm crawling too..but still moving--thats the key to success
  • LovelyLibra79
    Options

SAY NO TO SUPPLEMENTS.....GO O NATURELLE....CHEW BUT DONT SWALLOW :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

LoL!!!!! I'll keep chewing then :laugh:
  • LovelyLibra79
    Options

Staring tomorrow I am back on track and going to eat right darn it! I workout so hard to hard to be unhappy with myself. I am going to stop the bad eating and going over!
    Shay--I realized last month I could no longer eat 3 OREOS on the days I didnt work out and not expect to see the results on the scale! I had to make major adjustments! Damn I miss my oreos :(