Fat 2 Fit

Options
So I bought the Fat 2 Fit book and I am reading it now. I went to the webpage and it says that if I am sedentary I should eat 1906 calories. I teach school and hardly ever sit down. I go to the gym about 3 times a week total and go to a trainer twice a week. That really seems like a lot of calories. Has anyone else gone to the webpage and calculated how many calories they should be eating. Does it work?

Replies

• scottywor
    scottywor Posts: 140 Member
    Options
    That sounds like light to moderate activity to me. Depending on how intense your workouts are. You may want to choose lightly active first to set your goals and see how that goes. If you find you are losing too much, consider going up to moderate activity, and see how those cals workout for ya. It s a balancing act , might a take a couple weeks to find the sweet spot!
  • jj3120
    jj3120 Posts: 358
    Options
    I'm eating at my fat2fit goal-weight calories, at 5'0" & moderately active that puts me at 1958 cals a day.

This is suiting me just fine I'm not feeling hungry and have a slow and steady weight loss : )
  • BigBoneSista
    BigBoneSista Posts: 2,389 Member
    Options
    So I bought the Fat 2 Fit book and I am reading it now. I went to the webpage and it says that if I am sedentary I should eat 1906 calories. I teach school and hardly ever sit down. I go to the gym about 3 times a week total and go to a trainer twice a week. That really seems like a lot of calories. Has anyone else gone to the webpage and calculated how many calories they should be eating. Does it work?

So you work out a total of 5 days a week and you are on your feet most of the day? That's hardly sedentary. That's active.

Do you know what your BMR and TDEE are? I've grown to know that these are very important numbers and they play a major role in weight loss. fitnessfrog.com has calculators you can use to figure out these numbers.

Check out these two MFP groups. They have a lot of info based on eating your TDEE cut and losing.

http://www.myfitnesspal.com/groups/home/3817-eat-more-to-weigh-less

http://www.myfitnesspal.com/groups/home/17-women-eating-2-000-calories-per-day
  • wannagetfit02
    wannagetfit02 Posts: 49 Member
    Options
    Thanks Desirai. I was eating about 300 calories less than I should. I will try to up it 300 and see what happens.
  • nannabannana
    nannabannana Posts: 787
    Options
    bump to read later..Sounds like this is working for so many...hmmmm
  • seniorfaye
    seniorfaye Posts: 295 Member
    Options
    I love fat2fit and their calculators are about what the other ones are. They have some great podcast you can download and they are really interesting. I listen to them on my mp3 player when I'm walking.
  • goldfinger88
    goldfinger88 Posts: 686 Member
    Options
    I'm eating at the figure they give me. I put myself at sedentary to be on the safe side. Since doing so, I started losing. Not a lot but the scales are going down nicely. MFP calories are way too low - almost dangerously so. I seldom eat the calories Fat 2 Fit gives me but I do at times and I never feel hungry.