17 Day Diet anyone?

Options
What was your experience? I am on day 4. I have lost 2 pounds. The diet seems healthy, anyone out there with any opinions on the diet?

Replies

• 130annie
    130annie Posts: 339 Member
    Options
    Hi..... I did it for one week....I lost about seven pounds.....I found it hard, not that there wasn't enough to eat. But I really miss my bread
  • ClaringtonLady43
    ClaringtonLady43 Posts: 23 Member
    Options
    Hi There, I am on day two and like it so far.. but I am not following it 100% as I am still drinking some diet coke.. but other than that I feel really good.. I do have some purple grapes, i believe they are allowed, for my snack :)
  • mare91467
    mare91467 Posts: 91 Member
    Options
    It is hard. I miss all of my starchy carbs and cheese! But, I do feel satisfied after a meal. I am sticking with it, for now. :)
  • mmstgr
    mmstgr Posts: 578 Member
    Options
    I've known two people to follow it. They both seemed to do pretty well. It's not quite for me though.
    Good luck with your goals :)
  • Kennkaru
    Kennkaru Posts: 210 Member
    Options
    Can someone give me a quick run-down of this diet?
  • skinnydream115
    Options
    Im on day 3 of it :) it is hard to follow but I know I will have awesome results so Im staying on it for sure :) Havent weighed in yet pry waiting till day 17 :D ahhhh best of luck feel free to add mee!
  • theskinnyonme
    theskinnyonme Posts: 443 Member
    Options
    LOVE IT LOST A BUNCH
  • AprilOneFourFour
    AprilOneFourFour Posts: 226 Member
    Options
    I'm on day 13 of cycle 1, I lost 4lbs in the first week (have to lose about 25 to lose in all) and I'll weigh in again tomorrow. It really suits me, I like the food - lots of veggies and salad and yogurt. I feel much leaner and I don't find myself getting very hungry. It needs a bit of planning and cooking, but that's fine with me too.
  • mcrowe1016
    mcrowe1016 Posts: 647 Member
    Options
    What was your experience? I am on day 4. I have lost 2 pounds. The diet seems healthy, anyone out there with any opinions on the diet?

How does the diet seem healthy if you lose 2 lbs in 4 days???
  • AprilOneFourFour
    Options

How does the diet seem healthy if you lose 2 lbs in 4 days???

I wouldn't take this as too much of a scary sign! The author says you'll lose water weight at first. I think the diet is pretty healthy. While some people feel freaked out about the idea of a prescribed eating plans, some of us like them and find them useful and it's not like you're cutting out any major food group here.
  • gemini0689
    Options
    what is the diet? how does it work?
  • rbottom12
    rbottom12 Posts: 27
    Options
    Where can I find the information on this? What do you have to eat/not eat?:smile:
  • AprilOneFourFour
    Options
    For 17 days you eat chicken, turkey, feta, fish with salad, veggies. Plus 2 portions of fruit and 2 of probiotic dairy. Some green tea. Some water with lemon. Then you move onto a less severe 17 days and then even less. If you haven't lost what you want by then, you go back to no.1. I think it's pretty easy - have a look at amazon.com for reviews.
  • mare91467
    Options
    I wouldn't call 2lbs in 4 days as extreme. I am on day 6 and am down 3lbs. at this rate, I may lose 9 lbs in 17 days. Not enough to make a federal case out of it. It definitely is a low calorie diet. You are not calorie restricted at all, but it is hard to get enough food in to get to a calorie goal because of the lack of calorie dense foods. But you are eating all the time, and eating vegetables, lean meats and proteins, fruit and dairy (yogurt).

I also took a year to lose 30lbs. I know that slow and steady wins the race, but I also needed a quick hit to help me get over a plateau and I am getting married in 3 weeks. I see no problem with this as a short term diet boost.
  • 130annie
    130annie Posts: 339 Member
    Options
    Have a very Happy Wedding Day Mare....If you lose those pounds, you will feel great:heart:
  • mare91467
    Options
    Have a very Happy Wedding Day Mare....If you lose those pounds, you will feel great:heart:

:flowerforyou: Thank you so much!
  • hopelindemann
    Options
    my daughter loaned to me, she lost alot, so i too lost 7 lbs, but im using some of the meal idea with myfitnesspal n it is very duable, i dont use the grits n wheat bread cuz of carbs but it does have good recipes n alot of info to grow on, so i say do both
  • Hollyejt
    Hollyejt Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    I started it yesterday, am down a pound. I had already been kind of doing this sort of eating for sometimes up to weeks at a time but eventually my weight loss would halt. But then I would start eating regularly again and not really gain, so I would be motivated to eat the healthy way again, drop a couple of lbs and flatline again. So when I read this diet and it talks about tricking your body (in phase II) with higher and lower carb days to cause "body confusion" to trick your body into not stalling, I was intrigued.

I am looking forward to seeing if this will finally be the one eating plan that will help me loose consistently without stalling out!

Oh, and I like the idea of not eating carbs after 2:00. I think that makes sense and should help in a way that I have been falling short. I never would have thought of that!