Diet and Exercise and NO WEIGHT LOSS

Options
I'm 5'8 and 140 and I'm trying SO HARD to get rid of that belly and thigh fat. I exercise at least an hour a day, and on most days I'm below my calorie quota by around 300. So why haven't I lost any weight? I am exactly the same as I am when I started this in February. Results would be nice.... any suggestions??? help please!

Replies

• suziecue66
    suziecue66 Posts: 1,312 Member
    Options
    Is that a pic of you if so can't see any belly and thigh fat.
  • tigersword
    tigersword Posts: 8,059 Member
    Options
    Probably because you don't have any to lose. 5'8" and 140 puts you on the lower end of normal, weight wise.

If you're unhappy with body composition, I recommend heavy strength training, rather than weight loss.
  • kalynn06
    kalynn06 Posts: 368 Member
    Options
    I don't know what your frame size is, but if it's average, 140 is pretty light for 5'8. You might do better by eating a little more and focusing on resistance training. The results may not give you the scale numbers you want, though that may come as well, but visually resistance training can give the visual results you want. Without strength training, you might get to your goal weight and still not look the way you want, because you will lose lean muscle as well as fat.
  • robin52077
    robin52077 Posts: 4,383 Member
    Options
    ^^^
    What they all said.

5'8" and 140 is essentially PERFECT.
    you may need to do squats and lunges and such to gain more definition and feel more "firm" instead of soft, but you should not be aiming to lose 15 pounds as your ticker states. That would put you into "unhealthy" weight range, can screw up your monthly cycle, reproductive system, etc.

Look into lifting weights instead of losing weight.

read this article:
    http://nerdfitness.com/blog/2011/07/21/meet-staci-your-new-powerlifting-super-hero/

it's about this girl:
    Screen-Shot-2011-07-21-at-9.23.11-AM.jpg

on the left she is 131 lbs, on the right she is 142. Yes, heavier...but doesn't she look awesome? That's what HEAVY weight lifting will do for you.

edit: ok, the pic is too big. but open the article and scroll way down to see her final results!
  • tigersword
    tigersword Posts: 8,059 Member
    Options
    superherostaci.jpg

There, resized the pic so it fits. And yes, I do believe that Staci is the same height and weight in the pic on the right as the OP.
  • sydneyblume
    Options
    thank you all for the advice! i will try that :)