What changes contributed to ur weight loss success?

Options
2»

Replies

• jeardawg
    jeardawg Posts: 110 Member
    Options
    1. MFP knowing when I am out of calories and when I I go (lose / gain) is huge.
    2. A food scale, measuring cups.
    3.A plan- educate yourself get away from the MANY pitfalls and missteps that so many fall into, being fit is should be the goal, not being skinny. Losing weight is not the same as being lean - remember fitness is a lifelong journey, not a destination.
    4.wherever possible avoid breads, cereals and many starchy carbs as well as cheese(I know calories are calories) but there is a lot of dense calories in these foods that could better be used consuming foods with helpful macro nutrient rich alternatives.
    5.Lifting weights is not going to keep you from becoming lean.
    6. The scale is not your friend, weigh your food, not yourself
  • RMuske
    RMuske Posts: 271 Member
    Options
    Getting out of a bad relationship and finding people to rally around me and push me to be better than I am. Having a support system is key.. That and I rarely eat red meat or sweets anymore, did amazing things for my cholesterol and overall health.
  • vallemic
    vallemic Posts: 278 Member
    Options
    Eating 1200 - 1500 calories,
  • rubysphoto
    rubysphoto Posts: 254 Member
    Options
    Changed what we ate, found substitutes for what we used to eat. Whole wheat instead of white, lean meat, no fast food, no soda, cut out most sugar, etc. That was our starting point.
  • stephyy4632
    stephyy4632 Posts: 947 Member
    Options
    threw out the scale
    portion control ( I don`t elminate anything from my diet but I do eat within my alotted cal. amount)
    lift weights and do cardo I need both
    water drink it
  • jodyl70
    jodyl70 Posts: 94
    Options
    Accountability!

I knew I was and am the ONLY ONE who can make the decisions for what goes in my mouth and how often I exercise. I am accountable to myself and my choices. Once that clued in, it got easier.

Tracking everything and NOT emotional eating has helped to keep 50 pounds off for 10 years. The last 15 is almost gone since the beginning of January and I owe ALOT to this wonderful sight and my peeps!

Best of luck, you will do great! :glasses:
  • SalishSea
    SalishSea Posts: 373 Member
    Options
    These posts are so helpful I looove mfp!

The keys to my success have been:

1. Finding a solution to grade 4 Endometriosis.
    2. Not eating late night bowls of cereal and late night desserts. I don't really even miss them. It is a real mental shift to tell myself I don't need to go to sleep having just eaten 500 calories. It is okay to go to sleep without being in a food coma.
    3. Plan my meals. plan plan plan.
    4. Higher protein, moderate carbs.
    5. Weigh my food.
    6. I know that no food is off limits. Just portion size is common sense.
    7. Sticking to my calorie goal, everyday. An off day will happen. But never frequently.
    8. Recommit everyday to sensible calorie consumption.
    9. Exercise. Do it hard. Feels good!
    10. Focus. Lots of self talk.

I have done so well on my weight loss. I know that the real hard work is just around the corner for me. And that is maintainence. I hear it is harder than losing weight. But being fit is the life long goal. Not losing weight.

Be fit, be healthy, be energetic!
  • fordguy74
    fordguy74 Posts: 108 Member
    Options
    I gave up ice cream and fast food. God i miss them!
  • gardengals
    gardengals Posts: 46 Member
    Options
    My biggest thing was the carbs and sugars. I know that the first thing I tell my friends is to cut out the processed food and conveinince products in your diet and drink water! I fiqure that if we were to eat only "whole foods" we would all be alot healthier overall.
  • huntindawg1962
    huntindawg1962 Posts: 277 Member
    Options
    Wow - so many things that others have already said - but I will add:

1 - eating correctly is not cheap (neither is poor health) - but it is also more satisfying - but less convenient (dump the fast foods and convenience foods. Tastes better than convenience foods too.

2 - shopping at Whole Foods can be an adventure - we always try to buy something we have not tried before on each trip - and work it in to a meal.

3 - Easier to do an eating style change if the whole family is up for the same plan

4 - Logging EVERYTHING you put in your mouth - shows where all those hidden calories were

Looks like about every 10 lbs is a pant size down too :)
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!