Anyone else feeling a little light headed an woozy?

Options
I hope my body will calm down and adjust to the reduced calorie diet, but I am sure thankful I am not at work today. I can hardly function! and forgetful....eeek

Replies

• angleu
    angleu Posts: 140 Member
    Options
    After seeing your diary you aren't even eating all of your calories. And food for thought if you set MFP to lose 1lb a week, which is recommended, you will eat a more sustainable diet. You should not ever feel dizzy, listen to your body.

After looking at your diary a bit more. Do eat serving sizes of chicken and such a half a cup isn't a lot at all. You must be hungry after your meals..lol

For breakfast alone I have a few egg whites and egg plus sprouted bread with 2 tbls of peanut butter and sometimes a chicken sausage link added in. lasts me a few hours =)
  • fitby38
    fitby38 Posts: 307 Member
    Options
    ahh ... what is your calorie intake?
    listen to your body ... its talking to you
  • Kayley
    Kayley Posts: 327 Member
    Options
    Could be eating too few calories, getting little iron, or be dehydrated. I used to feel the same way until I upped my calories and replaced other drinks with water. :smile:
  • DFWTT
    DFWTT Posts: 374
    Options
    I hope my body will calm down and adjust to the reduced calorie diet, but I am sure thankful I am not at work today. I can hardly function! and forgetful....eeek

I see a lot of your calories come from items that supplement your base meal. Try replacing these calories with more nutrient rich items. I also see a lot of salad and there is nothing wrong with that other than it is fast digesting. Incorporating slower digesting foods such as meat will keep you fuller longer. If you are looking to maintain 1250 and about half your exercise calories, I would pay particular attention to anything I was consuming that was greater than 150cal per serving and be sure it is the most effective food choice for that meal. Just my opinion but overall everything looked fine as far as a diary goes.

Edited for: If you were eating 3000cals the week before you started MFP and suddenly dropped to 1250, it ain't not good. Reduce gradually.
  • jadedone
    jadedone Posts: 2,449 Member
    Options
    If I feel like that it means m blood sugar is low and I need to eat stat. You probably need to eat more and space your calories better.
  • m0dizzle
    m0dizzle Posts: 101 Member
    Options
    Had the same problem! Up your calories a bit.
  • jenniejengin
    jenniejengin Posts: 785 Member
    Options
    I use to feel the same way as well until I upped my calories. It happens to me once in a great while now, I guess because even though I upped my calories, not all the time do I get to eat them.
  • gpstrucker
    gpstrucker Posts: 930 Member
    Options
    Sure sounds like not eating enough.
  • elfo
    elfo Posts: 353 Member
    Options
    The reason you feel this way is that you have a lot of "empty' calories. Try adding in some GREENS like chard or kale to your daily diet, and definitely cut out refined grains and sugars- this will help!
  • Elizabeth_C34
    Elizabeth_C34 Posts: 6,376 Member
    Options
    Eat more. You will still lose weight, and you'll have more energy to exercise and be active. It's a win-win.

Chow time!
  • tlc12078
    tlc12078 Posts: 334 Member
    Options
    How can she be dehydrated if shes drinking water, esp 10 glasses? I would talk to your doctor, not to get advice up here, cus your cal count looks fine, although maybe low in iron, but talk to your doctor first.
  • hula808
    hula808 Posts: 224 Member
    Options
    I" see a lot of your calories come from items that supplement your base meal. Try replacing these calories with more nutrient rich items. I also see a lot of salad and there is nothing wrong with that other than it is fast digesting. Incorporating slower digesting foods such as meat will keep you fuller longer. "

Thanks for the advice. We dont eat much meat. I just dont like it very much and when I do its in small quantities...unless of course its bacon or a cheeseburger ; )
  • hula808
    hula808 Posts: 224 Member
    Options
    If I feel like that it means m blood sugar is low and I need to eat stat. You probably need to eat more and space your calories better.

I have a feeling you are right. I think I just need to add some snacks/ calories between meals. Thanks!