Unsure

Options
I joined this site because my friend told me about it. I play video games most of the time, I work 40 hours of week in retail, so during work hours I walk and jog a lot. The problem I have is maintaining a balance of food I eat. My husband brings home things like Taco Bell, McDonald's, etc.

He thinks I am beautiful inside and out. The problem I have is, that I find myself disgusting. Every time I look in the mirror I get grossed out. How can someone find an almost 350lb person attractive. How can they want to build a life with them. How can someone want to have kids with me, grow old with me. Like I said, he is perfectly ok with everything and is very loving. I however, feel extremely insecure in almost everything I do. Its hard, to look at other people, without thinking that they think I am a walking Beluga Whale.

I however, understand that if I want to grow old, have kids, see grandchildren etc- I cannot keep eating like this, Excercise makes me uncomfortable and I hate it, its bothersome. I need to watch my food intake, and well, was told that can be done here.

I feel like I am babbling and went on more with this than I talk to my own family/husband. So I am going to stop it here.

Hoping for the best,
Fuzbear

Replies

• Frock_Tart
    Options
    I am new too and have found the people I have added through this are the most inspiration I have had in my entire life, leaving me to feel better about reaching my goal. Reach out and don't give up. The people on her rock :)

Good luck :happy:
  • sharpeoplepc
    sharpeoplepc Posts: 84 Member
    Options
    He obviously loves you, but you need to start loving yourself! If losing weight will help, then do it! Also, the health part is really important too! Tell him that you are glad that he loves you the way you are but you need to do this for YOU! Friend me if you want and I would love to help motivate you!
  • DaughterOfTheMostHighKing
    Options
    you are in the right place! your husband loves you and his way of telling you that is feeding you! ask him to help you in your journey and learn to cook with you healthy dishes like stir fry dishes with chicken breasts and fresh veggies cooked with chicken broth and not oil. or low cal desserts like jello and fresh fruits. :) it could be an adventure for both of you to learn to care for each others bodies! :) add me if you want! :)
  • sarafil
    sarafil Posts: 506 Member
    Options
    Welcome! I know it can seem overwhelming at first, but just start with small steps. If this is going to be a lifestyle change, it is going to take time, so you will need patience. But believe me, you are going to be so glad you did!!! Just start by changing your eating habits, try to eat more home cooked meals rather than fast food. It sounds like you have an awesome husband, but he is going to need to be supportive of the changes you want to make (that would mean NOT bringing home fast food, or at least understanding when you don't want to eat it). You can do this, and there are a lot of great people on this site who can support and help you. Good luck!
  • WildAngelJoy
    WildAngelJoy Posts: 140 Member
    Options
    Hi Fuzbear...Welcome to MFP!! I've only been here a little over a week and am really enjoying it and learning a lot. I 've also met a lot of fun, motivational people here.

You sound like you have a supportive husband, that is awesome. I also do, he's stood by me through illness and weight gain. But the most important thing in weight loss, IMHO, is that YOU want to do it and you've taken a step forward by being here. I am sure the hubby loves you for who you are, too...we are more than just what we weigh but we forget that at times.

As far as exercise, it can be an "acquired taste" for some people but it also can be more than a chore...maybe you haven't found the right exercise for you? One thing I've gotten back into since joining is dancing...not formal, just me dancing here at home. Or maybe you will enjoy walks outside...take the time to enjoy the nature that surrounds us. I don't do video games but aren't there exercise video games also?? Check out all the options, I am sure there is an exercise out there that you will find enjoyable as well as good for you.

Feel free to add me as a friend :flowerforyou: !!
  • TeaRexParty
    TeaRexParty Posts: 125 Member
    Options
    Wow, I thought I was reading my own story there for a minute right down to the almost 350lbs, the video gaming and the feelings you shared. Oh and yea my hubby also brings home fast food and sweets. He's also the one that got me into online mmorpgs, which are video games, and a huge way of escape. But I think for me they haven't been a good thing. Anyway I'm in the process of trying to put some joy and meaning back into my life, and with that I know my weight issues have to be addressed. So lets be weight loss buddies and do this together :) Sending you a friend invite
  • Mrfuzbear
    Mrfuzbear Posts: 11
    Options
    I noticed that this community here is pretty much the most supportive of anything I have ever tried to do. Within 10 minutes I already feel as though making another day is possible, while I was dragging my feet, hating this way of life, all week.

Thanks to everyone who is being so nice, I didn't expect this at all. I will stress that again. AT - ALL.

As for doyouknowjello, I completely get the MMORPG thing. I have played almost all of them, and currently am messing around while on it now.

The problem I have with exercise games is that they take the fun out of it with actually exercising. Something I enjoyed doing more than anything in the world before I started gaining weight was playing Dance Dance Revolution. I lost about 40lbs on that thing, before my Playstation 2 broke. Maybe I should look into doing that again, assuming I can shake it :)
  • chris1529
    chris1529 Posts: 315 Member
    Options
    Your husband sounds like a wonderful man! :) You said that exercise makes you uncomfortable........... do something you enjoy! I don't know if you have tried her videos yet, but Leslie Sansone is awesome! Her at home walking dvds are great! You can start out low impact and as you progress, you can take it to another level with more intensity. I am doing her videos now and I think that she is great! They are easy to do and still give you a good workout. As for food..... it is hard, I understand. I love food! I love carbs! But what if you start out with baby steps. Like for example, NO SODA only water. That will make a big difference. Then cut out something else, like candy. Have a treat every once in awhile but try not to go back to any soda/juices/sweet tea, etc. I think that sometimes we are more likely to stick with an eating plan if we take little steps at a time, not huge ones all at once. Though huge steps might work for some, little steps might work for others. I know if I feel deprived, I won't stick with it. BUT everyone is different and you have to do what's best for you. This site is awesome cause it really makes you aware of what you are eating and how bad certain foods are for us. For example, I used to eat mac-n-cheese all the time! When I found out that a small amount is 400 calories, I was shocked and try not to eat it anymore. Tracking your foods will help a lot. Plus, there is some good people on here that will give their advice and help motivate you! You can do this!
  • TeaRexParty
    TeaRexParty Posts: 125 Member
    Options
    Ohh yea I feel you there on the exercise. When I was under 300lbs I actually got into routines and liked it. But right now it's downright painful. But then again I might as well be trying to exercise while carrying around two other people so no wonder. I actually told a skinny friend that once, told her to try to carry two of our other friends while jogging around the block or goin to the gym and see how fun she really thought it was, lol.

Not that I'm making excuses or saying don't exercise. Just in my opinion its about starting and doing what you can and not stressing about it. The rest will fall in place as you go.
  • sarafil
    sarafil Posts: 506 Member
    Options
    If you love to dance, then dance! Don't wait for a video game, turn on the music and go nuts. :) Exercise doesn't have to be something to dread...it can be fun, I swear. If dancing is what gets you moving, then just do that for now. I seriously used to HATE exercising, but now I can't live without it. Have fun!
  • SorchaRavenlock
    SorchaRavenlock Posts: 220 Member
    Options
    Hi there. I'm also a gamer, MMO and single player. It leaves me far to sedentary for my own good I have to admit. I do own a Wii, but it's gathering dust somewhere in a cupboard.

I hate exercise too. Mainly because my muscles have turned into custard and I'm huffing and puffing after the lightest type of exercise.
    I've been walking a lot, but the weather is awful here at the moment. I might have to order one of those Leslie Sansone videos to do at home. I looked at some other videos (30 day shred) but they seemed far to advanced. Leslie seems to be at a level I can manage, and she's so nice and has normal people in the background so I won't feel so bad doing my thing. You might want to take a look at her videos too?

Edit; If you like dancing you might want to try Zumba: http://www.zumba.com/
    Several people swear by it over here on MFP and it's supposed to be a lot of fun.
  • chris1529
    chris1529 Posts: 315 Member
    Options
    Hi there. I'm also a gamer, MMO and single player. It leaves me far to sedentary for my own good I have to admit. I do own a Wii, but it's gathering dust somewhere in a cupboard.

I hate exercise too. Mainly because my muscles have turned into custard and I'm huffing and puffing after the lightest type of exercise.
    I've been walking a lot, but the weather is awful here at the moment. I might have to order one of those Leslie Sansone videos to do at home. I looked at some other videos (30 day shred) but they seemed far to advanced. Leslie seems to be at a level I can manage, and she's so nice and has normal people in the background so I won't feel so bad doing my thing. You might want to take a look at her videos too?

Edit; If you like dancing you might want to try Zumba: http://www.zumba.com/
    Several people swear by it over here on MFP and it's supposed to be a lot of fun.

Hi! :) Leslie Sansone has awesome videos! I am doing her 4 Fast Miles dvd right now. It is 50 mins long and very encouraging! I like that you can modify it or add intensity to it when you build up to that! I have noticed a change in my thighs and hips since I have been sticking with her workout. I'm just wanting on my belly to go down. Sick of looking like I'm pregnant when I'm not lol.
  • New_Keeley
    New_Keeley Posts: 170 Member
    Options
    I wont type a long reply as everything said above is enough. Get your hubby on board and your first step is done. Cutting out the fast food will show immediate results.

The only thing holding you back is you and You can do this!!!

I've been here 70 days today! Feel free to add me (same for anyone else) and I'll give you as much support/motivation as I can