DR.OZ Health Products

Options
So who here has bought Dr.Oz's so called health products that he pushes on his Tv Show?

ie. green coffee beans http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC3267522/
Raspberry ketone http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/15862604

Replies

• ronadams52
    ronadams52 Posts: 176 Member
    Options
    Can't say that I have.
  • Hezzietiger1
    Hezzietiger1 Posts: 1,256 Member
    Options
    My mom uses the keytones.. I have no idea why.. She's like 115 lbs and is stuck there, still. LOL

I have to admit, I'm considering the coffee beans.
  • Julielynn83
    Julielynn83 Posts: 162 Member
    Options
    I plan on trying the green coffee bean extract! I was drinking his green smoothie too and loved it!
  • Chameleone
    Chameleone Posts: 281 Member
    Options
    I bought the raspberry ketones thinking it would get me past a plateau and help me get the last 10 pounds off. But I only took them for about a week maybe less, then at my next weigh in and measuring I noticed I lost inches in places I didn't wanna loose inches....I dunno if that had anything to do with but I stopped because I didn't wanna risk it, and also just out of laziness...
    I rather lose naturally anyway, not a fan of pills for things your body can do on it's own...
  • Skinny_Beans
    Skinny_Beans Posts: 405 Member
    Options
    I used to work at a health food store. What I took from his show is basically eating well. Most of our costumers who were obsessed with his item of the week stayed overweight and physically frustrated. A supplement is just a supplement afterall.
  • Cait_Sidhe
    Cait_Sidhe Posts: 3,150 Member
    Options
    Yeah.... no.
  • HendersonDavid
    Options
    Well great news, every product he pushes is a scam. Yeppers

Rasberry ketones, has one study, just one out of India, I've read it and wasn't impressed.
    He has Satiereal Saffron extract which is patent or patend pending, everything it states to help or fix can be done by an amino acid called 5-HTP. 5-HTP has clinical studies (meaning used in/on patients) and its effect have been documented and researched.

So do yourself and your wallet a favour and don't buy any product pushed by a cardiologist.
  • Lina4Lina
    Lina4Lina Posts: 712 Member
    Options
    It doesn't matter what you, I or anyone else here says. Tomorrow or the next day or the next day, someone is going to ask about these and end up buying them anyway despite the fact that the research doesn't support them.
  • chrissilini
    chrissilini Posts: 77 Member
    Options
    I know he is a doctor but I think he's a hack when it comes to all the crap he pushes. We all know what we need to eat and not eat. It's not rocket science. In my experience, if it sounds too good to be true, it is.
  • AnvilHead
    AnvilHead Posts: 18,344 Member
    Options
    If Dr. Oz recommends it, I automatically consider it a useless scam and head the opposite direction. I don't put any more stock in his claims than I do in the bogus supplement claims in the ads in every fitness magazine. About 99% of the diet "supplement" industry is a snake oil factory designed to fatten the wallets of the manufacturers and endorsers by preying on desperate, uneducated and gullible people looking for a way to lose weight without hard work and/or self-discipline.
  • LoraF83
    LoraF83 Posts: 15,694 Member
    Options
    My mom uses the keytones.. I have no idea why.. She's like 115 lbs and is stuck there, still. LOL

I have to admit, I'm considering the coffee beans.

Wait a minute.....you rag on your mom for using a product recommended by a TV show quack, but in the very next sentence say you are going to do the exact same thing???? :huh: :noway:

You've already lost quite a bit of weight - I would think that by this point you know that eating less and moving more are the keys.....not pills, beans, sprinkles, etc.