Fighting habbit of takeaways

Options
Hey, my name is shane quite new to this site my girlfriend got me started on it and already lost 2kg's. My goal is to hit 90kg i was 135kg when i started this site and its really got me enthusastic about exercising but i still have the problem with eating the wrong food. Like when i am at course everyone goes out for lunch to McDonalds and stuff and also have cravings sometimes to get a icecream after dinner. I want to stop it but it just gets harder and harder i have keeped on goal for losing 2kgs a week so far any tips from anyone would be greatly appreciated.

Replies

• TeaRexParty
    TeaRexParty Posts: 125 Member
    Options
    There's alot of things you can do to help. I'm not sure how keen on this you'd be but before I was laid off I started taking my own food to work. I did alot of pre-planning and then some freezer cooking so it was done ahead. I not only saved money but there were tons of times my coworkers would be sitting there with their McD's bags and drooling over my food, lol.

Also, just because you're trying to lose weight doesn't mean you have to cut everything out. A friend told me once sometimes if you really want something its better to have what you're craving than to eat everything else instead to get to that one thing. So that being said, maybe allow yourself to have fast food for lunch once or twice a week, and then adjust for it that day by eating lighter or healthier at dinner. All the fast food restaurants have their menus with calories online now so you can go out and already have it planned ahead what you're going to eat.

As for the ice cream, that's an easy one. There's tons of low cal ice cream now, like Skinny Cow and other brands that are really good. Some of these you could eat ice cream every day and still lose weight.
  • mbutler12
    mbutler12 Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    Hi There
    I find it easier to sit down and plan what I can eat within my calorie allowance etc before I even think about going to those places. I have gone through McDonalds, KFC etc and worked out what will fit within my 'budget'. Because I have pre done this when I do go to those places I am not scrambling to work out what I should eat and can confidently order without feeling guilty.

As for the ice cream - one thing we have done is to find a low fat ice block. My husband would often have ice cream every night but has now taken to a low fat ice block (streets cyclone) as an alternative option, or frozen yoghurt. This means that you aren't stopping that craving etc but are giving yourself an alternative to enjoy it.
    Good luck
  • TeaRexParty
    TeaRexParty Posts: 125 Member
    Options
    I had to google to see what an ice block is and I'm still not sure.....is that just another name for everything not ice cream? One site showed everything right down to popsicles, but then I also found SkinnyCow has something called an iceblock but I've never seen them here in the states.
  • shane322
    shane322 Posts: 2
    Options
    Wow! lots of handy tips :) thanks guys. I think the main thing for me is to work around what my meals are for the week and if i have enough room for takeaways then get them and icecream the low fat option seems alright but also can be quite costly. so maybe i should restrict myself to maybe once or twice a week have one.