35 F - Needs some encouragement!

Options
Hey everyone. I joined MFP in February, as well as joined the gym and started my journey to a healthier lifestyle. I started on 2/15 and lost 13 lbs in 7 weeks. I haven't lost any weight in the past 3 weeks even though I have stayed on track and continued to exercise. My body is still slimming and toning, so I know that I am getting somewhere, but I could really use some encouragement to keep me going! I absolutely love seeing those words of encouragement on my news feed after my workout posts.

Please feel free to add me. Also, is anyone in my area? I'm in the Sacramento, CA area.

Replies

• jpfost
    jpfost Posts: 194 Member
    Options
    Feel free to add me. I am on here all the time
  • TeaRexParty
    TeaRexParty Posts: 125 Member
    Options
    Wow you do not look 35. I used to live in Redding, a few hours north of you but now I live in Ohio because of my hubby being from here. Don't be discouraged by the scale. Like you already said its common to be still making progress and have the numbers still not show there. Maybe it's time to take measurements and pictures so you can check that way? Anyway I have ALOT to lose so guaranteed I'm going to be around here for a while yet, lol. Feel free to add me.
  • SunshineDay76
    Options
    Thank you! you just made my night! :) Most people don't believe i'm 35, but I definitely feel it. ha ha!
  • gse313
    gse313 Posts: 252 Member
    Options
    I agree with douknowjello... I would have guessed late 20s 30 TOPS!!

We're not in your area, but I am on every day and make it a point to comment regularly for my friends.

Feel free to add me if you would like.
  • HealthyIsMyNewNormal
    Options
    YOU CAN DO IT. Whatever it is, the temptation will pass. Remember your goal, and keep your eyes on the prize!!!
  • SunshineDay76
    Options
    thank you gs313! :) I guess i'm blessed with some good genes.
  • zen_mama
    zen_mama Posts: 51
    Options
    I'll friend you! I live not too far from you- Valley Springs/ San Andreas area. I joined a week ago and already seeing results. I have around 60 pounds to shed so I'll be around here for a while and I'm on a few times a day every day.
  • reptiles2707
    Options
    You can add me. I could use some help and encouragment too! Also, anyone who wants to help me kick my butt into shape is welcome to add me. :)
  • SunshineDay76
    Options
    Thank you everyone! :)
  • terrirz
    terrirz Posts: 53
    Options
    Welcome!! Feel free to add me too if you want..:)
  • threedingos
    Options
    I just rejoined/joined. I need some support. I am hoping to find some New Friends that understand how difficult weight loss can be. I welcome any who might want to friend me!

I live in Indiana, I work in Skokie, IL. I have three dogs hence the login (threedingos). I have about 30 to 40 pounds to loose.
  • faithstephenson
    faithstephenson Posts: 280 Member
    Options
    Feel free to add me:) My scale has been bugging me lately as well. I know I'm doing the right things food and exercise-wise, so I've decided to put it away for the month of May. But, I know that what my real goal is isn't a number on the scale, but the numbers on the measuring tape, and the tags of my clothes.
  • dvisser1
    dvisser1 Posts: 788 Member
    Options
    One thing I've said many times on here and to myself is that you can completely reshape your body without ever losing a pound. You're replacing body fat with the lean muscle mass you're building from exercise. The scale is but one way to measure progress, and weight plateaus happen. This is about overall health not just weight. As long as you're making progress and are keeping to your plan, you will get to your goal. If you are stuck in an extended plateau (ie, no progress for a couple months) then it's time to shake up your diet a little and your exercise routines.
  • rorytate
    rorytate Posts: 21 Member
    Options
    5 days...7lbs...i'm losing weight - 35 M - Ontario! add me if you'd like!
  • SunshineDay76
    Options
    Everyone here is so friendly and encouraging! I love it!
  • SunshineDay76
    Options
    I gained a couple pounds at first when I had just started too. Don't be discouraged! That is great news for your sister, and you are going to love MFP. The community here is awesome!
  • Tangerine302
    Tangerine302 Posts: 1,509 Member
    Options
    Welcome! :)
  • rorytate
    rorytate Posts: 21 Member
    Options
    I treated myself to a buster bar from DQ last night - it was sooo good and I barely crept over in my calories..
    hopped on the scale - yeah I was up...but no big deal it wasn't much...
  • SunshineDay76
    Options
    Thank you to everyone for your encouragement and support! It's awesome to have a community who is in the same boat as I am, and who all just wants to support each other.

After not losing anything for 3 weeks, I dropped 4lbs last week alone. Weird how our bodies do that! I'm going to just keep at it . . .