Goat's milk yogurt?

Options
Was reading On Fitness magazine, and they recommended goat's milk yogurt as part of a healthy diet. I was wondering if anyone knew of any brands that are available in the U.S.? And if anyone has an opinion on whether or not it's superior to regular Greek yogurt?

Currently, I love Trader Joe's Greek yogurt, but am willing to try the goat's milk kind if I can find it.

Replies

• ivykivy
    ivykivy Posts: 2,970 Member
    Options
    Thanks for the tip. I found a farm not too far from me and they have retail store that sells goat milk and yogurt and cheese. Hopefully, I'll get to go in the next week or so and pick up something to try. I'll let you know how I like.
  • cardigirl
    cardigirl Posts: 492 Member
    Options
    Yes, please let me know how you like it. I'm sure I'll be able to find some at Whole Foods or Trader Joe's but was looking for some info on it first.

Thanks, Ivy.
  • kermiefan
    Options
    Is greek yogurt goat's milk?????????
  • cardigirl
    cardigirl Posts: 492 Member
    Options
    In Greece it is often made with sheep or goat milk, but the brands I've been finding are cow's milk.
  • mrd232
    mrd232 Posts: 331
    Options
    It's pungent and quite an acquired taste from what I've purchased. The fruity stuff is often masked with copious amounts of sugar, depending on the brand, but I've purchased it plain - can't remember the brand name. It's best mixed with cucumber, salt, pepper, lemon, and dill to make tzatziki - then eaten atop goat / lamb's meat.

I do like the stuff, though, pungent taste aside. Goat's milk and cheese, too.