The BEST and WORST things about weight change?

Options
124»

Replies

• amcook4
    amcook4 Posts: 561 Member
    Options
    Best: Having more energy to enjoy nature (for the first time in a few years I'm excited for camping season to begin and I've been hiking like crazy!)

Worst: Having to pee all the time from drinking all this water!

Agree! I'm making trips to the bathroom ALL THE TIME!
  • TIDDYBEAR
    TIDDYBEAR Posts: 63 Member
    Options
    Worst: I can't seem to stop losing weight. I need to learn maintenance!
    [/quote]

I would LOVE to have that problem!!! lol
  • SergeantSunshine_reused
    SergeantSunshine_reused Posts: 5,382 Member
    Options
    Best - I am more confident, so my personality shows now. I am not so shy and reserved

Worst - Lost too much LBM i think, even with lifting
  • malibulu
    malibulu Posts: 79
    Options
    best: energy and when people notice all the hard work.
    worst : I wish I looked good with my clothes off :-( lost what I had of my boobs, and my tummy wont shrink - so just lookin a little like an ape without the hair :-( lol
  • Beezil
    Beezil Posts: 1,677 Member
    Options
    Best: I have more energy, endurance, stamina, a perky butt, and stronger legs! ;)

Worst: Lost my boobies! :(
  • My boyfriend is 5'7", 25 years old and has recently gone from 275lbs, to 140lbs. =D
    He did it after having a mini-stroke where his cardiologist told him to lose weight, cut back on alcohol and to stop smoking.

The worst part about his weight loss is that he has a lot of excess skin that cause him to look bigger than he really is, it's incredibly discouraging for him because he thinks he still needs to lose weight because all the excess skin makes him look bigger and we're too poor to afford a surgery right now.

The best would have to be that he's healthy, his cardiologist discharged him for his service a few days ago after he received a clean bill of health! (Although his HDL's were a bit high and his LDL's were a little low).

=]
  • LovelyNFit
    LovelyNFit Posts: 92 Member
    Options
    1. Best: Buying new clothes

2 Worst: Buying new clothes.

My hubby told me last night (as I was complaining that my pants were too big again), that I have become VERY expensive! :drinker:

Ha ha this made me laugh. what the husband said. ha ha - it could be worse then a growing child who needs new clothes every 6 to 8 months. AND we love it! the more the happier we are.
  • TheFitHooker
    TheFitHooker Posts: 3,358 Member
    Options
    Best: All the compliments and attention I am getting, also the way I see myself change and the confidence I've gained.

Worse: Growing out of clothes, what I mean is like today I had to go buy a new dress cus the dress I bought 20lbs ago hangs on me, I get attached to clothes to easy lol. Thank God for thrift shops :)
  • DeanneLea
    DeanneLea Posts: 261
    Options
    Best:
    Confidence
    Clothes
    Stilettos
    The fact that I can splurge on drinks, eating out if I plan ahead AND I can still lose doing so

Worst:
    The way that bigger women(some of them) have treated me since getting to goal
  • TheFitHooker
    TheFitHooker Posts: 3,358 Member
    Options
    Another worse is having people who you thought were your friend or close to you, who you thought would be happy for you, get rude and hateful ever since you lost weight.
  • FoodieGal09
    FoodieGal09 Posts: 198 Member
    Options
    I'm not at goal but I'm about halfway.

My best so far: Being able to run 2k, dropping 2 dress sizes, feeling sexy again.
    Worst: I also threw away all my clothes under a size 12 in a fit of fat rage! So I need a whole new wardrobe. Also, going into fast food places-KFC for example- and seeing how many calories I used to eat in one go. One meal I used to eat was worth around 1200 cals in one go. That's nearly my whole days allowance. Crazy!
  • sagetracey
    sagetracey Posts: 607 Member
    Options
    Best - that sense of achievement and belief that I can do anything now, not to mention improved health and relationship with my husband

Worst - that I left it so late in my life to do this - wasted years!
  • waldenfam2
    waldenfam2 Posts: 203 Member
    Options
    best - For the first time as an adult I don't have an obese BMI (huge accomplishment that I just hit!!!)

worst - My heaviest was 281ish so loose skin is a problem, along with making my daughter's feel bad because I'm losing all this weight and they haven't. I try really hard to encourage them, but I can't control what they put in their mouths when I'm not there and I can fit my youngest daughter's belt around my waist now :( She wasn't very happy.
  • mjbell642
    mjbell642 Posts: 229 Member
    Options
    Best - skinny clothes and people telling me I've lost weight. Really, ya think so?
    Worst - I miss potato chips, french fries, pizza. Still eat it occassionally, but feel silly counting out my chips

Time to go walk the dog !!!
  • JeSuisPrest
    JeSuisPrest Posts: 2,005 Member
    Options
    The best.....I'm in a size 2!!! But more importantly than that, I feel good! For a long time I felt tired and drained. But since I am eating better and exercising I have more energy. My husband and I are more intimate. I do NOT miss the junk food. My legs! I had great looking legs as a teenager, but now I have even better looking legs!

The worst....the constant comments. You look tiny and tinier....when are you going to stop. And so forth and so on.... I am NOT defined by my weight or my weight loss and yet it is always mentioned. I look forward to people getting used to this new me!
  • glennstoudt
    glennstoudt Posts: 403 Member
    Options
    What do you think they are?

*I said weight change as not all members are looking for loss :) *

Best: My boyfriend has said I look happier, which makes him happier too. I feel confident!
    Worst: I miss crisps....

BEST- Feeling 15 years younger. Thumbing my nose at Big Pharma for the medications that I don't have to ask my doctor about. Weighing what I did when I was 25, which is more than 3 decades ago. Minor fringe benefit- Golf ball goes farther. Not necessarily in the hole sooner, but .......... it's a start.

WORST- Buying new clothes. I don't like shopping, but I am learning to live with it. Such a burden. Ha!
  • trootes
    trootes Posts: 3
    Options
    i agree with you guys about hearing the constant"OMG you lost a bunch of weight!" i like that people notice, but i dont need to hear everyday how i lost all that weight....i am not defined by my weight and dont need to hear about it everyday! i think it make the mental game harder cuz you constantly stress over your weight...
  • bluemorpho1247
    bluemorpho1247 Posts: 300 Member
    Options
    Im jealous! People never comment on my weight loss :( so when I do hear it, it is still a really big motivator!

I forgot to add a good side to it too- my tattoos can be shown off without being stretched from fat! yay :)
  • loucarre
    loucarre Posts: 1
    Options
    best: not looking QUITE so out of proportion.

worst: having skin that doesn't fit :(