Chicken breast serving size/weight

Options
Hi all, I am wondering what is the serving size of a chicken breast? I mean other than one breast, I am looking for a weight in grams or ounces.

As I am unsure as I believe that there are chicken breast and then there are CHICKEN BREASTS

Replies

• dennisandrew2002
    Options
    Get a food scale to weigh your chicken. Look at the nutritional info on the package. It will tell you the serving sizes which usually refer to the weight before you cook the meat.
  • Natihilator
    Natihilator Posts: 1,778 Member
    Options
    I think a serving is 112, but I'm not totally sure.
  • tania2287
    tania2287 Posts: 236 Member
    Options
    100 grams is around 87-97 calories..
  • sharleengc
    sharleengc Posts: 792 Member
    Options
    Almost every type of meat I've ever looked at (beef, turkey, chicken...etc) has is a 4oz serving size (precooked). I've found that most chicken breasts are between 6-8oz depending on the size.
  • wolfchild59
    wolfchild59 Posts: 2,608 Member
    Options
    Almost every type of meat I've ever looked at (beef, turkey, chicken...etc) has is a 4oz serving size (precooked). I've found that most chicken breasts are between 6-8oz depending on the size.

This, exactly.
  • Drastiic
    Drastiic Posts: 322 Member
    Options
    A lot of internet sources say 3 ounces (85 grams) of meat is a serving.

However, a serving doesn't necessarily translate into how much you can or should eat per meal. It depends on what your calorie and macro goals are. Get a scale and weigh it.
  • mimyb
    mimyb Posts: 7
    Options
    My understanding is 100g for women and 150g for men per serving. Another way of looking at it (if you don't want to weigh each time) is a piece the size of your palm.
  • suziecue66
    suziecue66 Posts: 1,312 Member
    Options
    I usually do 150 (5 oz) or180g (6 oz) raw weight which I convert as 1 oz = 30g. If more snack size meals then 3-4 oz.
  • amh1974
    amh1974 Posts: 79 Member
    Options
    I use the purdue perfect portions and they are 150 calories each and come individually wrapped about 5 in a bag. They defrost really quickly and go nicely with some fresh veggies, a hint of garlic, a little bit of olive oil, tablespoon of dijon mustard and a splash of white wine! I prefer pinot grigio....I mix it with the mustard and pour it in the pan over all of the veggies and chicken and allow it to reduce. If you don't want to do wine you can always add a little chicken stock, it's just as good. You could always buy a food scale and just weigh out the portion you want!
  • trentnivins
    trentnivins Posts: 68 Member
    Options
    Thx everyone :-)
  • min_lyn
    min_lyn Posts: 68 Member
    Options
    I use the purdue perfect portions and they are 150 calories each and come individually wrapped about 5 in a bag. They defrost really quickly and go nicely with some fresh veggies, a hint of garlic, a little bit of olive oil, tablespoon of dijon mustard and a splash of white wine! I prefer pinot grigio....I mix it with the mustard and pour it in the pan over all of the veggies and chicken and allow it to reduce. If you don't want to do wine you can always add a little chicken stock, it's just as good. You could always buy a food scale and just weigh out the portion you want!

That sounds yummy!