Plateau: you had it coming!

Options
After three weeks where I weighed 173, then 172, then back UP to 173 (AUGH!!!), I stepped on the scale today and was down to 169!!! Wooohoo! Out of the 170's! I can't believe it!

By the way, after the 3rd week of weighing 172/173, I did a couple of things differently: (1) I went jogging on two different occassions, and (2) one day I ate about 300 cals more than usual. I don't know if this busted me out of my "plateau" or not. But 3 weeks in a row of (basically) no weight loss is pretty frustrating. Couldn't believe it when I saw 169 today!

Replies

• Tinker73
    Options
    Congrats on getting over your plateau.I have had my share and I found the only way to get over it and not to get a plateau is by switching things up everyday.With me for example I never eat or excerise the same thing.I keep my body guessing everyday and it has been succesful.So far I have lost 94.5 lbs in 2 years.:flowerforyou:
  • HOLLEE85
    Options
    CONGRATS I have been in a plateau lately and it's extremely frustrating. I have weighed 155 for like 3 months now maybe longer.it is truly frustrating. I switch my diet up not eating the same thing too much and try and switch my exercise routine nothing seems to be doing the trick. I THINK I might have gotten out of it but I'm not completely sure. LETS HOPE
  • EKarma
    EKarma Posts: 594 Member
    Options
    BOOYAH Baby!:glasses:
  • itzcool4me
    Options
    That's awesome. When you get on the scale and it says the same thing over, and over and over...and sometimes it goes up it makes you want to give up sometimes! Good thing you didn't because it pays off! :smile:
  • BrendaLee
    BrendaLee Posts: 4,463 Member
    Options
    Congrats. :smile:
  • annaliza
    Options
    Congrats!!!!!!!
  • toribug
    toribug Posts: 41 Member
    Options
    congrats to you, I feel your pain. I can't seem to get out of the 180's. I started with a personal trainer this month and I am still going slower than I would like.
  • bettersusan
    bettersusan Posts: 240 Member
    Options
    Hurray for YOU!!! YEA!!!!! :flowerforyou: :wink: :happy: :wink: :smile: :love:
    My body does the same thing. I hover around a number, then go UP before I go down. My sister is that way too. Wow! How GREAT to be in the 160's!! Woo-Hoo!!
    Awesome!!

(I'm on your trail! LOL)

Susan

254666.png
    Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Diet Plans
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!