Nausea wave during Insanity

Options
I've recently started Insanity, but had to start over due to my lack of commitment. I'm committed now! WOOHOO! Well, I did the "plyometric cardio circuit" workout again and now I fell nauseous and even vomited a bit (just a tiny bit). I didn't eat anything before the workout (well, i did, but it was many hours before) and I feel this way during all the Insanity workouts I attempt. I drink a good amount of water during the workout and the water breaks. What should I do?

Replies

• fitbabe49
    fitbabe49 Posts: 19 Member
    Options
    I just finished my first week of Insanity. My fitness level is moderate, I do a bit of running and very little else.
    So I thought this would be a great challenge. I also have about 60 pounds to lose and I'm in my forties.
    As many of the exercises are a bit to hard for a beginner, I adjust them. I do them slowly, only doing the jumps when I have the energy, then I stop. You can do most exercises without the jumping until you find you can do them without a problem. The jumping jacks for example, I try to do as many as feels comfortable and then I stop. I also have a heart rate monitor, which alerts me each time I reach my limit. Don't forget even Shaun T's crew struggle quite a bit and take regular breaks.
    I listen to what my body is telling me and I stop when I can't do it! I try to find the level where I'm working hard, but don't overdo it.
    I already find that I have improved in the first week, even though my muscles are sore.

On the eating front I usually eat about 2 hours before to have enough energy. I noticed that a heartier meal gives me better energy. Maybe your blood sugar levels are too low and you need to eat more before the workouts. I always get dizzy when I haven't eaten enough.
    I'm still a bit scared doing the workouts almost everyday, but when I'm finished I always loved it and I'm proud that I did it.
    Hope this helps a bit. Good luck!!!!
    PS: I decided to do the first 4 weeks twice with the recovery week in the middle and then attempt the 2nd part after that.
  • jailee813
    jailee813 Posts: 29
    Options
    You're doing it right then :-) (ok totally kidding! but not really) It's normaly to have those type of symptoms after over exerting yourself. It will eventually go away, but the key is to not push yourself TOO far i.e to the point of getting sick. Your body is telling you that you are working out really hard, and maybe a bit over zealously. If you start to feel faint, take a rest. Instanity is all about listneing to your body WHILE getting a good work out. Keep pushing yourself and you will see amazing results with the program, but don't over do it otherwise you could cause injury and not be able to finish at all. Also, I really recommend a HRM while doing insanity - they are KEY IMO. There is a reason why Shaun T re-emphaiszes the need to check your HRM over and over again. This will help you keep within a target heart rate but not over do it to the point of lack of oxygen/faintness/nausea.