Members Battling Severe Depression

Options
Just wanted to know I'm not alone in this...change of lifestyle is hard when you have severe lows and would like to know if others are also going through this while trying to change their outlook on life.

Replies

• androde
    androde Posts: 96 Member
    Options
    You're not alone, and yes it's hard. For me personally exercise doesn't produce enough endorphins so motivation is mostly low.
  • MiNiMoNkI
    MiNiMoNkI Posts: 447 Member
    Options
    Hi both, i am here on behalf of my partner, i hope you dont feel im butting in, but i feel i have lived it myself! he has had severe depression for years, we have been together 14 years now and his all time low was 2 years ago!

I am very happy to say now, that with a good job and exercise he is a different person, depressionis still there but it rarely comes out these days, he has learnt to deal with it and he would agree that support is definately the key, so in my opinion your both in the right place :) xxx
  • mousepaws22
    mousepaws22 Posts: 380 Member
    Options
    Yes, it's hard. I have always turned to food and drink for comfort which is one of the reason's I've put on al this weight but it's hard to break out of the cycle of eating for comfort. I haven't yet experienced the "high" that a lot of people say they get from exercise but I do really struggle with motivation to exercise when I am feeling low.