Scales wont move!

Options
I would like to lose about 12lbs (to get back to my weight this time last year) and so for the last 3 weeks I have started using MyFitnessPal and have begun exercising intensively 6 days per week.

I am currently eating approx 1200-1400 calories (of healthy food!), although I do tend to go above this at the weekends. However even at the weekends I watch my portions, make healthier choices when I am out and am working out really hard! Unfortunately, although I feel a bit better, the scales just won't move!

I know it's not all about the scales, but it is very frustrating when I know that I can and have weighed less. HELP!

Replies

• watters87
    watters87 Posts: 48 Member
    Options
    Oh and if it helps I am female, aged 24, 5'10" and 156lbs.
  • xHeidixbx
    xHeidixbx Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    When I first started working out and eating less I didnt loose for about a month and then lost 10 pound over the next 3 which doesn't sound alot but I only want to loos another stone and slow and steady means you hopefully wont put it back on, when you start exercising you build muscle which is heavier so stick with it and you should start to see results really soon.
  • watters87
    watters87 Posts: 48 Member
    Options
    Thank you. I probably wouldn't be so worried if it wasn't for an upcoming girls holiday to Ibiza. I really wanted to lose at least half of the weight before then and I now only have 4 weeks left. Any tips?
  • xHeidixbx
    xHeidixbx Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    Just stick to eating healthy and try and burn at least 500cals when your working out, I try to stick to eating around 1200 to 1400 cals which can be hard when my partner loves to eat rubbish :) and when you have burnt it spend a bit of time toning so it doesnt turn back to fat just 10 to 15 minst doing sit ups and push ups if you can although i find them hard work but it really does help and in 4 weeks you'll be looking all toned for ya holiday