8cm have gone. Pics. Bah! Not much, but it's a 'something'!

Options
HappilyLifts
HappilyLifts Posts: 429 Member
I really needed some motivation as I'm a really slow coach when it comes to my transformation!
I decided to look back at some pics of me, put on the same clothes, and see if I could notice a difference. Well, there is a tiiiiny difference. Can you see it? I know it's in my belly because I take my measurements and I have lost about 8cm from there. I can only see a difference in my side profile though, but I'll hang onto that!

Nov 2011, when I did no exercise and didn't care what I ate. Same weight as I am today (more or less :grumble:)
14stone8novem2012.jpg

Today, after 4 months of 4 days a week exercise and strength training which burns 500cals a time:
DSCF9463.jpg

Nov 2011:
14stone8nov2011.jpg
Today:
DSCF9460.jpg

So, what do you think, am I seeing things? Is there a little difference? And this leads me to ask...why not much progress?! I have been counting calories since March and eat 20% below my TDEE for a moderately active person. I'm starting to wonder if it's a carb thing.

Replies

• amdahwd
    amdahwd Posts: 237 Member
    Options
    I can see the difference. Keep going! You are doing great!
  • frillypantz
    frillypantz Posts: 134
    Options
    Amazing loss! Youre stomach looks a LOT smaller! Keep up the great work xx
  • suziecue66
    suziecue66 Posts: 1,312 Member
    Options
    Definitely see a difference. belly is flatter, breasts are smaller or you are wearing a different bra, upper back looks smaller like you've lost back fat. Well done.
  • thatgirllesley
    Options
    I definitely see a difference! You're doing a great job, keep it up!
  • DyanCB
    DyanCB Posts: 138 Member
    Options
    I see a big difference in my own most painful area - your stomach. Grat job. I love to see the pics in progress as they show that this is all really possible. Thanks for posting.
  • s1lence
    s1lence Posts: 493
    Options
    You are doing well! I can see a difference, specially in the side shot of you. Your stomach looks much smaller and smoother. Keep it up :D
  • carlynn13
    carlynn13 Posts: 281
    Options
    Definitely a difference. You're doing great :flowerforyou:
  • DyanCB
    DyanCB Posts: 138 Member
    Options
    I see a big difference in my own most painful area - your stomach. Great job. I love to see the pics in progress as they show that this is all really possible. Thanks for posting.
  • Takes2long
    Takes2long Posts: 367 Member
    Options
    I can see the difference!! Keep working at it :bigsmile: Yea!!!'

Are you making sure you don't NET below your BMR? You just might need to eat some more if you are below that number. Just a suggestion.
  • CassieReannan
    CassieReannan Posts: 1,479 Member
    Options
    I see it! Great job.
  • jj3120
    jj3120 Posts: 358
    Options
    I can see a difference in both pics! your doing great : )
  • Husky000
    Husky000 Posts: 6
    Options
    u dun really well im impressed x
  • pinkupooh
    pinkupooh Posts: 155
    Options
    I can definitely see the difference, keep up the good work. I am in the same boat as you are, but lot of folks here on MFP have lost significan amount only after doing the same work for 8+ months, so that is what I am aiming for. I am going to keep doing what I am doing right now for 8+ months and see where I am at that point. I am sure you will see noticable difference then too.

I can already see difference right now, so keep going...:)
  • jkleon86
    jkleon86 Posts: 245 Member
    Options
    WOW! I see a big difference and not only in you tummy. you are doing great!!
  • bwmiller1
    bwmiller1 Posts: 98
    Options
    you can totally see a difference. Keep it up. Trust us, it's working!
  • saramerrigan
    saramerrigan Posts: 555 Member
    Options
    I can see a difference in your stomach, and also in your back.

Keep up the good work!
  • graysmom2005
    graysmom2005 Posts: 1,882 Member
    Options
    I can absolutely tell a difference. Well done!
  • mohanj
    mohanj Posts: 381 Member
    Options
    I can see the difference clearly. You have more curved back and flatter tummy. Keep up the good work.
  • Amaywil
    Amaywil Posts: 44
    Options
    I can see it , Great job ! Keep it up !
  • newlife4cindy
    newlife4cindy Posts: 44 Member
    Options
    No illusions there! That' s a big difference! I am right there with you on being discouraged by not much weight loss. But this is pretty encouraging! keep up the good work!
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!