Puting weight on but dropping BF%

Options
I seem to have put a couple of lbs back on over the last couple of weeks after hitting my goal weight which matches a 25%BMI.

The interesting thing is that my Body Fat % seems to have dropped by 1% over the same time. Is this what happens if you just keep eating clean over a longer period?

Should I just ignore the scales for a while and see where I am after a month?

Is this what happens when you go into "maintenance" mode?

I have stayed off the chocolate, soda and almost all alcohol so the bad things that put my weight up so I don't think I will gain that much over the next month.

Replies

• london_running
    london_running Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    If you're exercising, it's probably both muscle gain/swelling, as well as your body adjusting to the new menu.
  • Melzicious
    Options
    Congratulations on your weight loss! Have you been keeping track of your measurements?
  • larkiedeek
    larkiedeek Posts: 203 Member
    Options
    Congratulations on your weight loss! Have you been keeping track of your measurements?

Not really.

Based on clothing I have dropped 3-4 inches from my waist and 1.5 inches from my neck but I am now at my goal weight.

I was just wondering about the Body Fat more than anything. For me this seems to still be dropping. I guess I would be happy gaining another couple of lbs if the BF keeps dropping.

I've been doing this for about 4 months now. Is this long enough for BF% to stabalise on my new diet?
  • HMVOL7409
    HMVOL7409 Posts: 1,588 Member
    Options
    For my husband and quite possibly you it's because he's losing fat but gained lean muscle. For example his BF test this weekend had him up 1.5 lb bit down 2% in BF bc he had an additional 3 lb of lean muscle mass.
  • larkiedeek
    larkiedeek Posts: 203 Member
    Options
    For my husband and quite possibly you it's because he's losing fat but gained lean muscle. For example his BF test this weekend had him up 1.5 lb bit down 2% in BF bc he had an additional 3 lb of lean muscle mass.

Thanks

Not just me then.
  • Melzicious
    Options
    I asked because the I assume your goal is to get smaller. If you could verify that you're getting smaller via measurements you can assume that you are losing fat/gaining muscle (since muscle is more dense than fat).