Water Intake

Options
Ok - So I tryto up my Water Intake and find that i need to go to the loo so much it becomes off putting.

It may be Too Much Info but if your wee is very pale does this mean you';re hydrated enough?

do i need more water? if i need it why is it going through me so quickly? (I need the loo every 30 mins!)

I dont drink any water normally - but i do drink a few cuppa teas instead - do i need to drink water to increase my weight loss? Does anyone know how it does that?

Lots of questions about simple H2O but i know i Should Drink Water - i just don't like the effects of it!!

Thanks,

Lindsey1985x

Replies

• Stefini525
    Options
    I was told you drink half of your body weight in ounces. So for instance you weigh 160 lbs, then you drink 80 oz of water each day. It is a manageable amount. To you question about the color of your wee, I always thought the darker the color the more dehydrated, so a pale color would be good. Also, your body will get used to you drinking more water and you won't have to go all the time once that happens. It is terrible at first.

I think a lot of us struggle to get all the water in because it is boring to drink!!

Good luck!!
  • bunnygirl1978
    bunnygirl1978 Posts: 32 Member
    Options
    The paler the better, means your cleansing properly inside.
  • Trutra
    Trutra Posts: 131 Member
    Options
    The paler your urine the more hydrated you are. I find that after a few days of drinking the toilet effects settle down a bit.
  • yarwell
    yarwell Posts: 10,477 Member
    Options
    It's a mass balance - water in = water out.

Drink more, pee more. If you're dehydrated you'll pee orange or brown. If it's pale you're doing ok.

The mass balance is satisfied by water in any form - tap water, water in drinks, water in food.

Any link to weight loss is debatable. Some people fill up on water as a way to avoid eating or snacking.
  • 1nsanity
    1nsanity Posts: 95 Member
    Options
    Ok - So I tryto up my Water Intake and find that i need to go to the loo so much it becomes off putting.

It may be Too Much Info but if your wee is very pale does this mean you';re hydrated enough?

do i need more water? if i need it why is it going through me so quickly? (I need the loo every 30 mins!)

I dont drink any water normally - but i do drink a few cuppa teas instead - do i need to drink water to increase my weight loss? Does anyone know how it does that?

Lots of questions about simple H2O but i know i Should Drink Water - i just don't like the effects of it!!

Thanks,

Lindsey1985x

light colored urine is a good sign... it means you are staying hydrated! tea is essentially just flavored water and is just as effective (as long as you arent adding cream and sugar to it) so you can drink as much tea as you would like.

in short, fat retains water. so when you drink a lot of water, your body is naturally replacing old water in fat cells with new water. when you go to the bathroom, you are ever so slightly taking the old water (and its toxins) out of your body and replacing it with new healthier water.

8 cups of water a day is really what you need to aim for. going to the bathroom may become an annoyance, but think of it as your body cleaning itself out and look at it as a very good thing!