Ready to make positive changes !

Options
I am a 32 year old mother, and wife, and had one of those moments this passed year that makes you realize life is fleeting and to grasp it with both hands. I am 81 lbs overweight. Ugh.The fact that I have let it get to this point is disappointing to me, I am wasting some very important years of my life by not being healthy, while other people would love to be healthy and can't. In work I am great at what I do but watch as the skinny girls are noticed and praised with little to no merit beyond being skinny and pretty. It may be selfish but I'd like others to think of me sometimes just as a pretty,girl instead of the sweet girl only. I've been there before so I know I can get there again.any support would be appreciated!

Replies

• hippietofugirl
    Options
    I sent you a request :)
  • britzzie
    britzzie Posts: 341 Member
    Options
    bump
  • Goatboy69
    Options
    I sent you a request hun. I am at least 66lbs over weight. Watched a video of myself the other day and was disgusted at my size!! So positive change it is. Started with MFP yesterday and feel better in myself already. But the more people, the more friends the easier it hopefully will help as well. x
  • kathyd0829
    Options
    You have a beautiful face and anyone who does not see it is just a fool, but I understand exactly what you are saying. It can be difficult feeling good about yourself when you watch others get praised for being nothing other than a pretty face and you are working your butt off!! I have been here for several months and love the people. There is inspiration in every story. Love to be added as your friend and we can help each other stay motivated and healthy.
  • terrirz
    terrirz Posts: 53
    Options
    welcome!! This a great forum with awesome people and great motivation!!
    Sending you a friend request..:)