Looking for a new 30 minute DVD

Options
I have been doing Jillian Michaels 30 Day Shred and Shred it with Weights for a few months now. I alternate them daily. I am getting a little bored and know I need to change it up soon. I only have 30 minutes in the morning to do these workouts so P90X and longer DVDs are out for me. Plus I usually run at least every other day for 30 minutes after these workouts so I don't want to be too tired. I have looked at some reviews on Amazon but I wanted to ask here also. I am looking to burn body fat, lose inches and strengthen muscles. Not necessarily looking to loose a ton of weight I am 10 or so pounds away from my goal. Any feedback would be wonderful!

Replies

• angellmoore
    angellmoore Posts: 72 Member
    Options
    There is a pre-P90x that I use. It is called Power 90. It's 28 min and 35 min alternating. I have used it before and it really works. All you need it a set of dumbbells or a resistance band.
  • LemonBurns
    LemonBurns Posts: 538 Member
    Options
    There is a pre-P90x that I use. It is called Power 90. It's 28 min and 35 min alternating. I have used it before and it really works. All you need it a set of dumbbells or a resistance band.

I have these too, but after Jillian's type of 'motivation' I found the Power 90 guy - well... lacking. Is that odd? He just seems so calm... and I was kinda... bored ~ does that make sense?
  • angellmoore
    angellmoore Posts: 72 Member
    Options
    Yeah he is kind of boring. Once I get some more lbs off I'm going to switch to something else. A friend recommended Insanity. I also do 30 to 45 min on the treadmill daily to get more cardio in.
  • tamraj
    tamraj Posts: 50 Member
    Options
    Insanity is what my fiance is doing. I am pretty fit- work out at least an hour (running, elliptical etc) a day plus weights and I did one of his DVDs and have the sore muscles to prove it- it will work your body! I also love Billy Blanks Tae bo DVDs- like Insanity, it is more than just a cardio- it really strengthens and tones your whole body.